Final Exam Requirements
Chandler Online Academy is
committed to maintaining a high degree of academic integrity. One of the
ways we are able to ensure integrity is by requiring every student to take an
in-person proctored final exam. In order to complete each 0.5 credit online
course, students schedule a day and time to attend a COA Testing
Center where they will check in with photo identification and take the exam in
the presence of their teacher, a school administrator, or another authorized
test proctor. Final exam testing must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and is available during the days/hours listed on the table below at two locations in Chandler Unified School District: Chandler High School & Perry High School.
Steps to Schedule a Final Exam
- All course work must be completed
before the student schedules a to take the final exam for a class.
- Attendance for the course that the final exam is being scheduled for must be up to date before taking final exam or grade will not be posted to transcript.
- It is the student's responsibility to schedule and pass the final exam before the course end-date.
- After completing all assignments & assessments, students will find the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment in the last folder of the online class. The student must submit this assignment and receive a 100% before she/he will be able to schedule to take the final.
- The date and time the student can take the proctored final
exam must then be selected using the page after the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment, the "Final Exam Scheduler".
- Finally, the student will receive confirmation and instructions with the day, time, and location she/he has been scheduled to take the final.
***Final exams MUST be
scheduled at least 1 business day in
Students must pass the final exam with a 60% or higher to
demonstrate mastery of course objectives.
Students who do not pass the final exam (score less than 60%) on the first
attempt, will have an opportunity to re-take the exam with a new set of
questions. Final exams are aligned to course objectives and reflect material
students are assessed on throughout the course and are rigorous. Students who consistently log in and study the material in
each course a minimum of 10 hours a week, complete all coursework and submit it
when it is due, and who study any concepts they struggled with on prior
assessments within the course (unit exams, quizzes), should perform well on the
final exam. It is recommended that students spend a minimum of 4 hours
studying to prepare for the final exam. See the Chandler Online Academy Student Handbook for more information about this and other school policies.
Testing Center Location & Contact Information
|Final Exam Testing Options|| Perry High School|| Chandler High School|
1919 E. Queen Creek Rd.
Gilbert, Arizona 85297
350 N. Arizona Avenue
Chandler, Arizona 85225
Mrs. Nguyen (602)888-6105
Ms. Baum (480)788-5805
|Room|| F-115|| 415 |
- SE corner of Queen Creek Rd. and Val Vista Dr.
- Enter the school parking lot from Perry Puma Dr.
- Park towards the north-side of Building F.
- Enter campus through
the gate between Buildings F & G.
- Enter Building F through the north-side doors. F-115 is on the 1st floor.
- Call Mrs. Nguyen or Mrs. Gardner for assistance.
- NW corner of Arizona Ave and Chandler Blvd.
- Park in the parking lot off Chandler Blvd.
- Walk along the back side of the South gym, turn right and go through the school gates
- Continue straight, past the exercise equipment outside on your left side
- Enter the door straight ahead to the 400 building
- Go directly up the stairs, turn right, continue past the restrooms, and turn left down the middle hallway
- Classroom 415 is at the end of the hallway on the left.
|Normal Testing Days & Times |
Monday - Friday
3:00 – 6:30
Latest time to start a final exam: 5:00
Testing Days & Times
IMPORTANT: Students are expected to work through break if online class/es continues over break.
Final exam testing is available over both weeks of spring break at Perry High.
Use the Perry High final exam scheduler in your class to schedule a final during this time.
- Lab hours week of March 13th: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-2:00pm
- Lab hours week of March 20th: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:30am-2:00pm