From the Flight Deck April 14, 2016
Representing Jacobson at the Arizona Science and Engineering Fair
More than 1,200 Arizona students competed at the 2016 Arizona Science and Engineering Fair last week in Downtown Phoenix. A handful of Jacobson students brought their fair boards and got their science game on! These students were invited after winning science fair board competitions at HISEF and/or the Jacobson science fair.
Special thanks to Ms. Ireland, 4th grade, and Dr. Grumski, 6th grade CATS for their efforts in organizing Jacobson’s science fair and supporting our AzSEF students!
Thank you Barro’s Pizza!
Last week we posted several pictures from our latest Eat Out Night, where parents and students enjoyed great service from our teachers. We’re happy to report that the PTO raised over $400! Thanks again for supporting Jacobson!
Food Truck Friday is Almost Here!
Come with your appetite for Jacobson’s first ever Food Truck Friday, on April 22, 5-7:30 p.m. Among the planned food trucks are: Dough Mama, Chicken & Waffles, Kruzin Cuisine, Kick FroYo, American Poutine Company and Kona Ice. Additionally, 14 craft and other vendors will be there, including Uptown Art, The Pampered Chef, All Sasses Up, 31 and The Bedtime Fairy.
And, we will have a special guest, Mrs. Liz Wolf, Jacobson’s new principal beginning next year. She would love to meet as many students and parents as possible, so please come and say hi!
There will also be face-painting, a DJ and loads of fun. See you there!
The Fastest Way to Check Out Your Student Early
Doctors, dentists, orthodontists, vacations…we understand the need to pick up a student early. Please keep in mind these tips for the smoothest checkout possible:
1) Email your teacher the night before—very often the teachers aren’t able to check their email until after school.
2) If you are picking up your child during lunch, recess, specials or Fun Friday, please inform both your child and the teacher that he or she should bring their backpack and other belongings with them BEFORE leaving the classroom. The classrooms are locked during those times, and it takes longer to send an adult with a key to allow your student back to fetch personal belongings.
3) Please be aware that we will call your student up to the office only AFTER we have checked your photo ID, so make sure you give yourself enough time.
4) If you send someone else to pick up your student, we will check to make sure that person is listed on your student’s emergency card. If not, we will call you to make certain we can release your child.
5) If you are picking up your student close to the 3:00 dismissal, know that it is illegal to cut ahead of the line of traffic waiting to turn onto the school driveway. Please plan accordingly when scheduling appointments.
6) Finally, be prepared to show your photo ID. The front office staff know many faces, but we don’t know all of them
Important Dates: April 14, 2016
Friday, April 22
Thursday, April 28
Monday, May 2
Tuesday, May 3
Wednesday, May 4
Thursday, May 5
Friday, May 6
Wednesday, May 11
Tuesday, May 17
Thursday, May 19
Friday, May 20
Tuesday, May 24
It is important for all parents to have an account. All office communication and student grades will be communicated this way. Please click on the link below to get set up!