Welcome Students and Families!
This is my fourth year as a Hamilton Husky. I believe it is a privilege to serve the community by working with students. My path to teaching was far from linear; I bring a wealth of experience which is valuable in helping students understand the relevance of what we do each day.
You can expect from me
- To believe all students can grow and improve through new learning.
- To praise students for their effort and process over the result.
- To encourage students to ask for and act on feedback.
- To have high, challenging but realistic expectations for student performance.
- To create a classroom culture that values learning and persistence.
The most important item for a successful school year is the partnership created between the student, the family, and the teacher. This means our communication must be open and honest. I ask for you to join me on our journey this year by being involved in communication. For students, this means to tell me when you are struggling or overwhelmed. For parents, this means to call me or email me with questions, concerns, or any information you think I need to know about your student.
I am very excited about the 2020-21 school year! Let’s begin…..
Andrea Manzuk, MBA, MAED-Secondary English Education