Webquest: Arizona History
Visit http://azgovernor.gov/governor/arizona-facts find the answer to the following questions:
- What does the red & yellow stripes represent on the Arizona flag?
- What does the color of the star represent?
- What does “Ditat Deus” mean?
- What is the state flower?_______________________
- What is the state gemstone?________________________
- What is the state flower?___________________________
- What is the newest state symbol?____________________
- Name the five C’s of Arizona
- Why were the five C’s important to Arizona when it first became a state?
Visit http://www.ereferencedesk.com/resources/state-history-timeline/arizona.html. Find out what happened the following years.
When did Arizona become a state?:_____________________________
What number place did Arizona become a state? (i.e. 1st, 15th)________________
In area, what number place is Arizona compared to other states in the nation:__________
Visit: http://www.academickids.com/encyclopedia/index.php/Treaty_of_Guadalupe_Hidalgo and answer the following questions.
- What two things did the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo accomplish?
- How much did it cost the U.S.?
- When and where was it signed?
Visit: http://gadsdenpurchase.com/ and answer the following questions.
- What was Gadsden’s dream?
- Why did Mexico sell the land to Gadsden? For how much?
- What do you think they mean by the phrase “conscience money”?
- How big was the land purchase?
Visit http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h2022.html and answer the following questions.
- Why is Sandra Day O'Conner important?
- What decisions will she best be known for?
Visit http://www.arizonaedventures.com/fun-games/arizona-trivia-flash-quiz/. Test what you have learned on Arizona History.
What is your score?______________________