We will be utilizing Google Classroom for the remainder of the school closure. The district will be loading the students into our Google Classrooms to begin our journey. Google Classroom is an additional application under Google Drive. Students must sign in using their school Google email account(GSE). Their email is in the following format: Sfirstname.lastname@example.org (i.e. email@example.com). If your student is having issues logging into their Google account, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, for I can reset their passwords for them. We will begin activities on Monday, March 30th.
If you have already indicated that your child will be unable to access the internet/any technology in the CUSD Family Technology survey, there will be alternatives for your child to complete any assignments. Please let me know this information, so I can add you to the list for the district administration, so more information can be forthcoming.
At the beginning of each week, I will try to upload most/all of the assignments for that week. It is up to you on how you want to pace yourself. All assignments will be due that Sunday when the week comes to an end.
For now, I will accept Remind messaging for ease of communication. It can be easier for you to use and could be quicker for me to track as well as, so start there first if you need assistance. If you are not a member of my REMIND, go to the H10 or English 11 link on my webpage for the code and password.
Of course, you can always email me at email@example.com if you have any questions! :)
My office hours are Monday through Friday from 10 am -11 am and 2 pm - 3 pm -- Any messages sent on Remind messaging or emails sent during these times will receive a quicker response for assistance on assignments or help with Google Classroom.
Please review the following Classroom Rules for online learning:
• Be patient. We are all in this together. A positive attitude is a must!
• Check your course announcements and classwork daily. Don't plan on completing the entire week's work in one sitting.
• Remember that your password is the only thing protecting you from pranks or more serious harm.
• Save/Write down your password(s) where you can access them.
• Don't share your password with anyone.
• Change your password if you think someone else might know it.
• Always log out when you are finished using the system.
• Communications in this course should use school-appropriate language and follow grammar and spelling conventions.
• If you choose to email me, you MUST use your .gse email, not your personal Gmail!
• If you don't know how to do something, try to figure it out! Review the Lessons and your notes, trying some problem-solving strategies, email and/or get help from a classmate. Do not turn in an assignment that contains nothing but "I don't know". (It is okay to turn in an assignment saying "Here's where I got confused" and "these are some ideas I have, but I’m not 100% sure" if you get stuck and can't finish after an appropriate amount of time.)
• Classroom rules reply in the online format. Inappropriate language, content, actions, and other poor behavior will be directed to the Basha Administration.
• Work submitted should be your own work and reflect your own understanding. It is okay to use your notes and look up things, but you need to be practicing your problem-solving skills rather than your searching skills.
• The point of the exercises is to give you feedback on whether or not you understand the material from the lessons. Do the reading. Treating the questions like a logic puzzle (guessing/winging it) instead may lead to you not getting the practice and feedback you need. Proceed down that path at your own risk.
Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns at any time. My office hours for direct contact will be between 10:00 am to 11:00 am and 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm. However, I have quite a few students, so I will do my best to email or call in the order of questions/requests received. Please be patient. I promise I will get to you as quickly as I can.
I plan to be in contact with you all regularly, to provide updates and additional clarification. More information is to come regarding specific assignments, grading, and additional procedures. In other words, once I learn new information- I will pass it on to you all.
I am excited to get back to work with the students in this new format! It will be a learning process for us all, but I am positive that we will get through this together.
Stay safe and be well.
Melinda Fernandez, MAOM
Basha High School
Benevolence – Honor - Scholarship