Dear First Grade Families,
Welcome to First Grade in Room B5. My name is Mrs. Schoffstall, and I am so excited to be your child's teacher! I have been teaching for 19 years. I have taught first, second, third, and I was also a reading specialist.
I am so glad you chose Auxier Elementary for your child! First grade is an exciting time, and we are going to learn so much this year. As your child's teacher, it will be my goal this year to help your child feel loved, valued, empowered, and capable of success.
I am excited to meet you and your child at Meet the Teacher on Monday, July 19th from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. During Meet the Teacher I will have a form to complete regarding after-school transportation information for your child. If you are unable to attend Meet the Teacher, PLEASE be sure to contact me so we can set a transportation plan before school begins.
I encourage parents to drop off school supplies that Monday evening. If you can help with any additional materials/supplies, I will send home requests throughout the year. Please do not feel any pressure to donate. Thank you for helping supply your child’s classroom!
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Email is the easiest way to contact me because I check it throughout the day. You can email me at email@example.com
I cannot wait to begin our first-grade journey together!
Suggested 1st Grade Supply List.
* 1-Pencil pouch or box with student’s name on it (it must fit in a desk)
* 1-Kids scissors (blunt tip only please)
* 12-Glue sticks
* 1-Single Subject-70 page spiral notebook (plain cover please)
* 4-packs of Crayola crayons (24 count only)
* 2-packs of Ticonderoga pencils (12 pack)
* 8-Black dry erase markers (please only send black the other colors stain the whiteboards that we use in class)
* 1-Crayola watercolor paint set with 8 primary colors only
* I will supply folders for the students.