"Partnership for L.I.F.E. - Learning In Firesafe Environments"We are excited to announce that Chandler Unified School District elementary schools are now able to participate in the "Partnership for L.I.F.E. - Learning in Firesafe Environments" certification program. Elementary schools that choose to partner with the Chandler Fire, Health & Medical Department will participate in the program by completing the safety initiatives as described below.
For more information : http://chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=952
- Schools will allow the Fire Pal (specially trained firefighters who educate) program to educate all 1st and 2nd grade students in six fire safety subjects. These six messages include:
1. Home Escape and Planning
2. Stop, Drop and Roll
3. Crawl Low Under Smoke
4. Smoke Alarms
5. Match & Lighter Safety
6. Calling "911"
- Schools will engage in their regular monthly fire drills and invite Chandler Fire, Health & Medical to evaluate one of these drills each year.
- Teachers and Custodians will use a self-inspection form to evaluate their areas for commonly found fire hazards.
- Schools will be inspected annually by a Chandler Fire, Health & Medical Fire Inspector.
- Schools will ensure that at least 10% of their staff is CPR certified.