Multiplication & Division, Rocks & Minerals, Chapter Books, and Cursive Writing are just a few of the interesting things students experience in 3rd grade. It's an exciting time. I hope you find this website helpful and informative.
My Education and Professional Background
- BA – Elementary Education ASU
- MA-Curriculum & Instruction NAU
- Reading Endorsement
- English as a Second Language Endorsement
- Early Childhood Endorsement
- 1st grade ESL, Maricopa Elementary School-1987-1990
- Junior High, English as a Foreign Language, Nagoya, Japan- 1990-1991
- 1st-3rd grades ESL, Maricopa Elementary School-1991-2001
- 2nd-4th grades EL, Knox Elementary School- 2001-2011
- 3rd grade, CTA Goodman Elementary School-2011-present
My Educational Philosophy
It is my philosophy that children have a natural curiosity about the world around them and want to learn. When students are in a safe environment where they are able to ask questions, test theories, and make mistakes, learning comes naturally. Students need to feel that their ideas and contributions are valued. When students are solving problems and thinking critically, basic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics are needed to prove and justify responses. My goal as a teacher is to create an environment where students feel safe and want to learn. I want my students to laugh, learn, and love reading.
| Email Pamela Scott