Criteria For Writing A Current Event Article
Mrs. Tate - Social Studies Classes
· You first must put your first and last name on all assignments
· Put the date it is due (due each Monday unless otherwise informed)
· Put the number of the article (example Article # 1)
· The information must be within the last two weeks or;
· It must be on a historical related event
· Tell where you found your information (internet, newspaper, video, etc.)
· If applicable, staple a copy to the back of your numbered article.
· First part should be the introduction to the article
· Second part should be the body or summary of the event
· Third part should be your conclusion which should include why you chose this article and if you liked it or not and why.
· Must be 50 words or more (1/2 page minimum)
· Each Current Event Article is valued at 10 points
· Additional information will be given extra credit points
· See Mrs. Tate for additional instruction if needed.