Officer Applications and Candidate Posters:
On Friday, November 6, 2020 all completed Officer Applications and a copy of your current report card are due. Candidates may also start to bring in their posters to be approved. All posters must have approval from student council advisors Mrs. Hight or Mr. Clayton prior to being posted. Posters can be posted starting on Monday morning, November 9th, after approval. It is the student's responsibility to adhere to the rules and measurements of the posters and to pick them up in a timely manner to be posted. Any poster posted without the approved stamp will be removed from being displayed.
Candidate Speeches and Officer Elections:
Recorded speeches will be viewed by the 4th-6th grade study body during class on Thursday, November 12th with elections afterwards.
Rules for the Election
- No co-officers for any position. Each candidate may make no more than 2 posters. One may be place in the main building, and the other may be place in the annex. The posters must be no larger than 22 x 14 inches.
- Speeches shall be no longer than 1 minute in length and they must be original, in good taste, and not make any promises that are unable to be fulfilled by the candidate (like no homework, extra recess, or free dress days) or are not in accordance to the goals and philosophy of C.T.A. Liberty.
- Distribution of tags, buttons, candy, gum, or other promotional items related to getting elected shall not be permitted.
- Only hand-written 2 x 3 1/2 index cards are allowed during speeches; however, props and costumes in good taste are permitted (and must be approved by Mrs. Hight and Mr. Clayton).
- All posters must be removed from the walls on Friday after-school on November 13th.
Important Election Documents
Click any of the documents below to read and/or print: