Mandatory Interest Meeting:
On Wednesday, May 16, 2018, all students who are interested in running for an elected office must attend an information meeting in room 27. There are two meeting times to choose: 7:30 a.m. or 2:45 p.m. Interested candidates must attend one of these meetings in order to run (no exceptions will be made).
Officer Applications and Candidate Posters:
On Monday, May 21, 2018 all completed Officer Applications and a copy of the current report card (including grades from 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter) are due. Candidates may also start to bring in their posters to be approved. All posters must have approval from student council advisors Ms. Rinne or Mr. Clayton prior to being posted. Posters can be posted starting on Monday morning, May 21st, after approval. It is the student's responsibility to adhere to the rules and measurements of the posters and to pick them up in a timely manner to be posted. Any poster posted without the approved stamp will be removed from being displayed.
Candidate Speeches and Officer Elections:
Elections will be held on Friday morning on May 25, 2018, with voting to be held in classrooms immediately following the speeches.
Rules for the Election
- No co-officers for any position. Each candidate may make no more than 2 posters. One may be place in the main building, and the other may be place in the annex. The posters must be no larger than 22 x 14 inches.
- Speeches shall be no longer than 1 minute in length and they must be original, in good taste, and not make any promises that are unable to be fulfilled by the candidate (like no homework, extra recess, or free dress days) or are not in accordance to the goals and philosophy of C.T.A. Liberty.
- Distribution of tags, buttons, candy, gum, or other promotional items related to getting elected shall not be permitted.
- Only hand-written 2 x 3 1/2 index cards are allowed during speeches; however, props and costumes in good taste are permitted (and must be approved by Ms. Rinne and Mr. Clayton).
- All posters must be removed from the walls on Friday after-school on May 25th.
Important Election Documents
Click any of the documents below to read and/or print: