19-20 Registration Information
ARIZONA COLLEGE PREP - ERIE CAMPUS ~ HIGH SCHOOL, GRADES 9-12
Registration for the upcoming school year begins in October of each year.
2020-21 School Year Registration Information will not be available until
Welcome To Arizona College Preparatory!!
Arizona College Preparatory (ACP) is a community-oriented campus with a rigorous college prep curriculum. We are truly one school, two campuses offering enrollment to students in grades 6-12, with ACP-Oakland enrolling students in grades 6-8 and ACP-Erie enrolling students in grades 9-12. We look forward to working with you.
In 2012, the Chandler Unified School District established Arizona College Prep. We have experienced amazing successes and growth over the years. These successes, along with word of mouth have greatly increased the number of applicants as well as our student body. In turn, we have adapted our application process to ensure that we continue to provide equal opportunities to all families who wish to attend ACP. Please make sure that you read this entire document so that you are aware of these changes.
Please know, students submitting applications for either the Oakland or Erie campus will be required to complete a placement assessment and participate in a student interview (see below). All new, incoming students must complete this process.
Key application dates include:
- October 17, 2018: ACP applications are available via each school’s website
- December 21, 2018: Open Enrollment Forms available online, via CUSD website
- January 14, 2019: Open Enrollment Forms may be submitted beginning at 7:30am
- January 26, 2019: Student Placement Test
- February 23, 2019: Student Interviews
- March 1, 2019: Placement Letters mailed out through USPS
Step 1: Submit an ACP Application
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are available on either the ACP-Oakland or ACP-Erie website beginning October 17, 2018.
Step 2. Complete a CUSD Open Enrollment Application
District Office requires submission of Open Enrollment forms by all students wishing to enroll at ACP. Families may download and print Open Enrollment forms from the district website beginning Friday, December 21, 2018.
Submit the Open Enrollment form to the appropriate ACP campus beginning at 7:30 AM on Monday, January 14. Enrollment will be considered based on the time stamp within each priority level of the open enrollment application. If you submit an ACP application but do not submit an open enrollment form, your application is incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered for approval at ACP.
If your student currently attends a school that is NOT part of the Chandler Unified School District, you must also provide the following documents when submitting your Open Enrollment Form:
- Current grade report (i.e. 7th grade applicants should provide their 6th grade report card that was provided in December at the end of the first semester.)
- Attendance report (for the first semester of the current school year, i.e. 2018-2019)
- Discipline report or a letter from school administration (on school letterhead) indicating no discipline infractions have occurred (for the entire time they have attended their school, i.e. K-6th grade). The letter must be signed by an employee of the school office and dated. Teacher comments and/or behavior sheets from the parent portal will not be accepted.
Open Enrollment forms submitted to the district office, or other secondary site, without the required documentation will not be considered complete and will not be processed.
Due to site enrollment capacities, we will cap the number of students who take the placement test on January 26th. Only applicants who have submitted the online ACP application and turned in the completed open enrollment form with all supporting documentation will have a reserved seat at the placement test. The time stamp and the priority level of your open enrollment form is the determining factor to reserve your seat at the placement test.
- 6th grade – The first 250 applicants, based on timestamp and priority level of submitted open enrollment form.
- 7th grade – The first 350 applicants, based on timestamp and priority level of submitted open enrollment form.
- 8th grade – The first 50 applicants, based on timestamp and priority level of submitted open enrollment form.
- 9th grade – The first 100 applicants, based on timestamp and priority level of submitted open enrollment form.
Remaining applicants will be placed on a waiting list and contacted if openings occur.
High school applicants who currently attend a high school outside of Chandler Unified School District and are applying to enroll in grades 10-12 must provide a transcript along with their ACP application and the Open Enrollment form to ACP-Erie.
The placement test, for applicants who met the application and open enrollment criteria, is administered:
Saturday, January 26th, 2019.
ACP Oakland Campus
191 W. Oakland St.
Chandler, AZ 85225
Time: 8:00am – 11:30am (7:35am check-in)
Students will be scheduled for an interview with an ACP staff member. Each student must attend the interview with a parent or guardian. Interviews last approximately 15 minutes. Dress for the interview is business casual.
Interviews for all applicants will be held:
Saturday, February 23rd, 2019
ACP Erie Campus
1150 W. Erie Street
Chandler, AZ 85224
Time: 8:00am – 12:00pm (you will receive your assigned time at the placement test)
Placement Letters will be mailed out on Friday, March 1, 2019.
Following completion of the applications submission, placement assessment, and interview, your student will receive a letter regarding placement into our program. Letters will be mailed through the USPS. Please make sure we have your current mailing address on file.
Please direct any questions to the appropriate campus.
ACP-Oakland (6th - 8th) – 480 224-3930
ACP-Erie (9th - 12th) – 480 424-8000
2019-2020 School Year
ACP-Erie 9th thru 12th grades ACP-Oakland 6th thru 8th grades
The Arizona Department of Education has released school letter grades
and Arizona College Prep - Erie received an “A”!
With the new measurement system,
only 18% of Arizona schools received an “A” grade.