Love to Sing?
Join the Ryan Royals Choir: Musical Theatre!
Who: Any 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6thgrade student who loves to sing and wants to sing with a great group of kids! Musical Theatre at Ryan Elementary is a place for students who want to express themselves through performing arts and have fun in the process. In this club, students will learn more about what it means to be in an ensemble and work with other students toward a common goal. This year, the Ryan Royals Choir: Musical Theatre will produce The Little Mermaid Jr. Although the majority of major speaking roles will be cast to students in upper grades, everyone in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6thgrade is welcome to participate in the ensemble.
What: The Ryan Royals Choir: Musical Theatre!
When: Rehearsals will take place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 7:40 am to 8:25 am. Rather than have everyone at all the rehearsals, specific rehearsal days will be assigned by scene or song. Rehearsals will start on Wednesday, January 30thand continue until May 8th. The Ryan Royals Choir: Musical Theatre will hold two school performances (May 7th& 8th) and one evening performance (May 8th).
***Please Note: The Ryan Choir: Musical Theatre will not meet on the following dates: February 5th, February 6th, February 12th, February 19th, March 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th. ***
Where: Rehearsals will be held in the Ryan Music Room, Music Room B, or in the Multipurpose Room.
Cost: $75 per child or $100 per family. This includes: licensing rights to The Little Mermaid Jr., scripts, set-design, props, music and an end-of-the-season cast party (Date TBD). We cannot accept tax credit payments for this program.
***Please Note: Registration will close on Friday, February 1stat 11:59 pm and WILL NOT reopen***
Questions: Call Ms. Beauvais at 480-224-3213, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Choir members and parents agree to abide by the following rules. Failure to abide may result in dismissal from Choir.
- Show respect and caring at all times, and sing your very best!
Rehearsal and Performance Attendance
- Be on time to all rehearsals and performances.
- Choir members should report to the music room promptly at 7:40 am.
- The first rehearsal will be held Wednesday, January 30th.
- There will be no rehearsal during school intercessions (see dates above).
- Parents should notify Ms. Beauvais if their student will be absent from choir. Students are allowed TWO unexcusedabsences from rehearsal. TWO instances of tardiness will equal ONE unexcused Excessive absences will result in consequences such as: removal from performance or removal from choir.
- Parents are responsible for providing a costumefor their child for the Ryan Royals Choir: Musical Theatre Club performance based on the part assigned to their child. Costume guidelines/ideas will be provided, and most costumes cost $30-$40.
- Please drop students off promptly between 7:35 am – 7:40 am. Go in through the office and proceed directly to the music room.
- When dropping off, please pull all the way forward to keep the flow of traffic going.