Basha High School
Class of 2021
May 27, 2021
Basha High School
Jim Wall Stadium
***Please read all information as many changes have been made***
Please go to the link below to place your order for cap/gown/announcements.
Go to www.Jostens.com
CAPS AND GOWNS
Caps and Gowns will be distributed May 14th at the Senior Assembly @9:00AM in the BHS Gymnasium. There will be a limited supply available for purchase that day. At that time, the cap/gown can be purchased for $50.00 and tassel for $10.00. Jostens will only accept CASH payment on May 14th.
SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Basha High School’s Senior Awards Ceremony will be released virtually. The link will be on our BHS website @6:00PM, May 19, 2021.
If you are taking correspondence courses to meet graduation requirements, final grades must be posted with our registrar, Sandi Kornegay, by Wednesday, May 7, 2021.
Honor Cords will be handed out at graduation practice. You must be present to pick them up. Only approved Honor Cords will be allowed.
Stoles will be taken care of by Ms. Reiter. Please see her for all information.
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Senior exams will be given in regular classes on Thursday, May 20th and Friday, May 21st. Juniors graduating early will also follow this schedule. Juniors, please let your teachers know. If there are any concerns, contact Dr. Fujino as soon as possible.
If you are planning on attending a four-year University, Community College or vocational training program and the school requires final transcripts, you will use Parchment.com for your requests.
SENIOR CHECK OUT
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes during the week of
May 17TH. Any outstanding debts (including Chandler Public Library, athletics, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the library and Bookstore now to see if you have any outstanding debts! Completed/Signed forms (with any receipts attached) need to be returned to the Bookstore no later than 3:30pm on May 20th.
The seating assignment information for graduation will be available May 19, 2021 in the main office and in senior Social Studies and English classes. If your name is not on the list, please contact Mrs. Good immediately.
Please check the list to determine your specifics:
- Row number – East or West
- Faculty members assigned to your row
- Your assigned line-up location
Practice will be on Thursday, May 27th at 6:45am on the Basha High School football field. Please plan to be in the stadium no later than 6:40am. Practice is mandatory. If you are not at graduation practice, you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. Graduates with names that have difficult pronunciation, please see the readers after practice.
The Graduation Ceremony will be Thursday, May 27 @7:30PM at Basha High School. Students are to report to their assigned line-up location by 6:30PM. Students not present by 7:00PM will not be able to participate. Remember, parking will be extremely limited so plan ahead and give yourself extra time. Following the graduation ceremony, all graduates will continue the recessional to the south end of the football field. Spectators, please exit the stadium using the south gates. Spectators are not permitted on the football field. Please plan to meet your graduate outside of the stadium.
If you choose not to participate in the graduation ceremony, please notify Ms. Taylor, Mrs. Good’s assistant, as soon as possible. Ms. Taylor can help you make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 27th. She can be contacted at 480-224-2129.
Unfortunately, the graduation audience will be limited. At this time, April 6, 2021, each graduate will be allowed 2 guests. Wristbands will be distributed at graduation practice, Thursday, May 27th. Wristbands will be required for entrance into the stadium.
Appropriate dress for seniors at graduation
- Students should arrive at Basha High School on May 27th by 6:30pm, CARRYING their gown.
- Students should not put their gown on until AFTER they have been checked in at their line-up location.
- Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them (including food or drink, clothes-hangers or flowers) onto the football field.
- Please leave all items with a family member before entering your line-up location. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items.
- MALES should wear dress slacks, a collared shirt (tie not required, but recommended,) comfortable dress shoes and socks. No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- FEMALES should wear a dress, or pants/skirt and blouse and comfortable dress shoes. No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- Mortarboards (caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached to or written on it. Only BHS provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers, etc. allowed.
- Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and fall under the jurisdiction of Chandler Police.
Basha High parking will be extremely limited. Carpooling is encouraged. You may even consider using a service such as Uber or Lyft. Some additional parking will be available at American Leadership Academy, 1750 E. Riggs Road.
The following items are prohibited at Basha High Schools stadium:
- Outside beverages/food
- Glass or metal containers
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco on school campus
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 6" or video cameras
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks for cameras/phones
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed
- Large golf umbrellas
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other item used to make artificial noise)
Since parents may not enter the football field, a professional photographer from GradImages will be at the graduation ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduating senior at the time the diploma is presented. A free proof of this photo will be mailed to your home. You may place orders and obtain answers to questions at gradimages.com. Since professional photographs will be available, BHS staff members ensure that family members and guests remain in their seats, relaxed to enjoy the ceremony.