Basha High School
Class of 2021
BHS Graduation Ceremony will be May 28th at 2:30pm!
Information for Graduating Seniors
Please go to the link below to place your order for cap/gown/announcements.
Go to www.Jostens.com
If you order a ring and graduation items before November 6th, your cap and gown will be free! Just use the code FREECG in the coupon spot at checkout. For more information, view the link below:
All announcement that were purchased through Jostens will be available for pick up on March 25th.
CAPS AND GOWNS
Caps and Gowns will be distributed May 14th at the Senior Assembly @9:00AM in the BHS Auditorium. There will be a limited supply available for purchase that day. At that time, the cap/gown can be purchased for $50.00 and tassel for $10.00. Jostens will only accept CASH payment on May 14th.
SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY
Senior Awards Ceremony is May 19th. Students arrive at 6:00PM. Program begins promptly at 6:30PM. If you choose not to participate in the awards ceremony or if there is a change in your award, please contact Ms. Fassinger in the Career Center.
If you are taking correspondence courses to meet graduation requirements, final grades must be posted with our registrar, Sandi Kornegay, by Wednesday, May 21, 2021.
Please check your Infinite Campus account as soon as possible for errors regarding your name. How your name appears in Infinite Campus is how it will appear on your diploma. If it is incorrect, please contact Ms. Taylor (480.224.2129) in the front office prior to April 1st.
Honor Cords will be handed out at graduation practice. You must be present to pick them up. Only approved Honor Cords will be allowed.
Stoles will be taken care of by Ms. Reiter. Please see her for all information.
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Senior exams will be given in regular classes on Thursday, May 20th and Friday, May 21st. Juniors graduating early will also follow this schedule. Juniors, please let your teachers know. If there are any concerns, contact Dr. Fujino as soon as possible.
If you are planning on attending a four-year University, Community College or vocational training program and the school requires final transcripts, you will use Parchment.com for your requests.
SENIOR CHECK OUT
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes during the week of
May 17TH. Any outstanding debts (including Chandler Public Library, athletics, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the library and Bookstore now to see if you have any outstanding debts! Completed/Signed forms (with any receipts attached) need to be returned to the Bookstore no later than 3:30pm on May 20th.
The seating assignments for graduation are by row number and line leaders. This information will be available May 19, 2021 in the main office and in senior Social Studies and English classes. If your name is not on the list, please contact Mrs. Good immediately.
Please check the list to determine your specifics:
- Row number – North or South
- Faculty members (2 line leaders) assigned to your row
- Your location in the ASU West foyer (inside/outside line)
Practice will be on Thursday, May 27th at 6:45am on the Basha High School football field. Please plan to be in the stadium no later than 6:40am. Practice is mandatory. If you are not at graduation practice, you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. Graduates with names that have difficult pronunciation, please see the readers after practice.
The Graduation Ceremony will be Friday, May 28th @2:30PM. Students are to report to the Desert Financial Arena (formerly ASU Wells Fargo Arena) West entrance by 1:30pm. Students not present by 2:00pm will not be able to participate. Remember the traffic will be heavy so plan ahead and give yourself extra time. Following the graduation ceremony, all graduates will exit the arena and continue the recessional to the south side of the arena. Please plan for families to meet there. Parents and guests will enter through the East, North or South entrances of Desert Financial Arena and are not permitted on the arena floor.
If you choose not to participate in the graduation ceremony, please notify Chris Taylor, Mrs. Good’s assistant, as soon as possible. Ms. Taylor can help you make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 28th. She can be contacted at 480-224-2129.
Appropriate dress for seniors at graduation
- Students should arrive at Desert Financial Arena on May 28th by 1:30pm, CARRYING their gown.
- Students should not put their gown on until AFTER they have been checked in with their line leaders at the arena.
- Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them (including food or drink, clothes hangers or flowers) onto the arena floor.
- NO electronic devices will be allowed with graduates at graduation. This includes cell phones, I-pods, cameras, etc.
- Please leave all items with a family member before entering the building. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items. Confiscated items will be available at BHS the following day.
- MALES should wear dress slacks, a collared shirt (tie not required, but recommended,) comfortable dress shoes and socks. No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- FEMALES should wear a dress, or pants/skirt and blouse and comfortable dress shoes. No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- Mortarboards (caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached to or written on it. Only BHS provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers, etc. allowed.
- Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and fall under the jurisdiction of Arizona State University Police.
Driving time to Desert Financial Arena will be approximately 1 hour depending on your location and traffic. You may want to refer to http://AZ511.gov/traffic for street closures and restrictions. All graduates should park in Lot 59 and enter through the West Entrance for commencement exercises.
ASU’s Safety Policies
To enhance public safety and make stadium access more efficient, Sun Devil Athletics adopted a Clear Bag Policy and metal detectors. You may bring in one (1) clear bag no larger than 12" x 6" x 12" or a 1-gallon plastic storage bag. You are limited to one clear bag per person, along with a small clutch or purse for privacy, including diaper bags. Please refer to the pictures below. If you have questions, please refer to the ASU Approved Bags link: http://thesundevils.com/news/2016/7/26/tickets-clear-bag-policy.aspx
For the safety and security of our guests, all prohibited items must be returned to the owner's car or discarded.
The following items are prohibited inside any ASU athletics venue and are causes for removal. No refunds:
- Soft or hard sided coolers, ice chests
- Glass or metal containers
- Outside beverages
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco
- Cameras with detachable lenses greater than 6" or video cameras
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks for cameras/phones
- Full size strollers
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed
- Bikes, skateboards, scooters, hover boards, long boards
- Large golf umbrellas
- Pitchforks (wood, metal, plastic)
- Sticks, poles or similar objects that can be used as a weapon
- Weapons of any kind including those carried with permit
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other item used to make artificial noise)
- No pets/animals
Since parents may not enter the arena floor, a professional photographer from GradImages will be at the graduation ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduating senior at the time the diploma is presented. A free proof of this photo will be mailed to your home. You may place orders and obtain answers to questions at gradimages.com. Since professional photographs will be available, arena staff members ensure that family members and guests remain in their seats, relaxed to enjoy the ceremony.