About Mrs. Valerie Vogel-Scheidt...
Position: Honors Biology Teacher
Team/Department: Science Department
Email: Mrs. Valerie Vogel-Scheidt
Hello BioBuddies! My name is Mrs. Vogel-Scheidt ("vogue" + "elle" + "shhh" + "height").
Our Honors Biology course is focused on Storylines (scenarios/phenomena) to promote the "inquiry-based" learning model. This is NOT your typical Science class. Students will be required to be "hands-on" and "minds-on" in every class.
--> This Honors course is rigorous and requires mature behavior and a willingness to succeed. Homework is a required part of accelerated study.
My Education and Professional Background
Former industry executive for: Research & Development/Formulation, Clinical Science, & Food Safety (pharma, supplements, cosmetics, foods). Transitioned to K12/College teaching in 2018.
- AZ Teacher Certification in Biology and Chemistry
- BS Biochemistry (Arizona State University)
- MEd Educational Technology (Boise State University)
- MS Biology (University of Nebraska) - in process
My Educational Philosophy
As a classroom teacher, it is my goal to help each student transform into responsible, innovative, and hard-working young adults. The overarching goal of secondary education is "to know thyself". As such, I integrate many different methods as part of our Science activities, with the expected outcome of increased confidence, character and content knowledge.
- Social & emotional learning (SEL)
- Goal setting
- Reading/writing/media/graphical literacy
- 21st century skills for college/career preparation
- Focusing on our talents, passions, and personal mission to find our unique purpose to share in this world.
Click to Report a Website Problem