Welcome to the Hawks Health Office
Please use the tabs on the left to locate more information about the CUSD medical forms and medication policy, CUSD Nutrition, free and reduced lunch application, Chandler CARE center, and community resources available to Chandler students.
The CUSD Health Protocol below is a guide to know when to keep your child home from school.
Every year, a number of students become ill for many reasons, including exposure to other ill children in the classroom. To help you make decisions about whether or not to send your child to school, we have put together a list of indicators to help you to decide. A child should not be in school and will be sent home if the following conditions(s) are present:
- Fever over 100 degrees. A child should be fever-free for 24 hours (without medication) before returning to school.
- Persistent cough.
- Sore throat with fever and/or white spots on the throat.
- Rash with fever illness, such as chicken pox, measles, etc.
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. A child should be free from symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Red, itchy, and draining eyes. If conjunctivitis or "pink eye" is diagnosed, the child must be on medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Prolonged headache and/or stomachache.
- Swelling or pain at a level that may interfere with learning.
- Head lice - A child must remain at home until treated with medicated lice shampoo and the nits are removed. The child must be cleared through the health office before returning to school. Chandler Unified School District enforces a no-nit policy.
Hearing and vision screenings are performed each school year for all 9th grade students, and students with an IEP or 504 plan. If you do not wish to have your student screened please contact the health assistant.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Maggie Shelton, HA Contact Information
Health Assistant for Phone: 480-812-7152
Chief Hill Learning Academy & EDGE at Hill Fax: 480-224-9066
Health Office Hours 7:30 am to 3:30 pm