Battle of the Books permission slips are available online to 5th and 6th grade students who are interested in participating in this year's battle.
Students should be choosing teams of three, discussing the commitment with parents and getting permission. If students sign up as a team of two, they may be separated in order to make teams of three. Finally, they should be reading the 4 books for the first battle in October. (after break) *see list below
Permission slips are due by Aug. 18th, 2017
We are looking forward to a great year of "battle" with our students!
Every team will need to read the 4 books from each Battle group below before each of the three school Battle competitions. The scores will be totaled from all three battles.
* Riordan, Rick Lightning Thief
* Lowry, Lois Number the Stars
* Clements, Andrew Frindle
* Haddix, Margaret P. Among the Hidden
* Battle II
* Howe, Deborah Bunnicula
* Palacio, R.J. Wonder
* Curtis, Christopher P. Watsons Go To Birmingham
* Horvath, Polly Everything on a Waffle
* Battle III
* DiCamillo, Kate Tale of Despereaux
* Spinelli, Jerry Maniac Magee
* Maclachlan, Patricia Sarah Plain and Tall
* Konigsburg, E.L View From Saturday
Battle Dates: Typically held the week after break