Dear Riggs Families,
Welcome to both our returning and new Riggs’ Families!!! I hope you all enjoyed your summer vacation and that you are ready to begin an exciting and rewarding new year at Riggs Elementary, an A+ School of Excellence. I am looking forward to our 11th year working with our outstanding students, parents and staff and I know that this will be another amazing year and we will have many accolades to celebrate as our year progresses!!
Class placement letters from your student’s teacher will be mailed to students the week of July 17th and we will also be sending out placement information via the Infinite Campus email blast. Please plan to join us on Wednesday, July 19th and/or Thursday, July 20th for “Meet Your Teacher/Curriculum Nights”. Please see the attached flyer for specific grades and times. Class lists will be posted on the main hallway bulletin board during this event. “Meet Your Teacher” is the perfect time to visit the school with your child to meet his/her teacher, renew old friendships, greet families new to the school, and become familiar with the campus. It is also very important that you stay for the curriculum portion to hear an overview of the curriculum and become aware of teacher and classroom expectations. Also look for the PTO information table where there will be opportunities to get involved in numerous events that will take place throughout the school year. The PTO will have Riggs’ “Spirit Wear” available for purchase during this event and Kona Ice sales available for your enjoyment. Lunch and breakfast accounts can be set up or money deposited into them at the Roadrunner Café during this time as well. We can’t wait to see you all there!
I’m sure you have many questions! Lots of information will be coming home with your students during the first few days of school as well as important information disseminated through the Infinite Campus email blast. I thought I would attempt to answer some of the most frequently asked questions.
· Monday, July 24th is the first day of school.
· Our student hours: K – 6th 8:40 AM – 3:10 PM
AM Priority Preschool 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
AM Kindercadamy 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
PM Priority Preschool & PM Community Preschool 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
STEM Preschool 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM
· Please review the attached “Closed Campus” policy for the 2017-2018 school year.
· Please be sure to follow the enclosed parking and pickup/drop-off procedures and respect the staff and Safety Patrol. These procedures are in place to ensure everyone’s safety and we appreciate your support. Student pickup car signs will be available at “Meet Your Teacher”.
· Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle with their name on it as well as to wear sunscreen each day. PE will be held inside (multi-purpose room, stage or classrooms) during the first several weeks and on any days over 105°. Lunch recess and grade level recesses will be held inside at the Principal’s and Teacher’s discretion.
· Bus stop information and bus passes will be available at “Meet Your Teacher” night. Large maps as well as a Transportation Representative will be available in the school’s main hallway. Please understand that the bus schedules are subject to change based on increased student enrollment.
The community around our beautiful school continues to change and it seems as though our office is consistently occupied with new families eager and anxious to send their children to Riggs Elementary School. The start to a new year is always an exciting time and it is also an opportunity for a fresh start for each of us – students, staff, and parents alike. We thank you for entrusting your children to us and relish the opportunity to work with you to ensure each child’s success. I look forward to seeing you at our “Meet Your Teacher/Curriculum Nights”.