Love to Sing?
Join the Ryan Royals Choir!
Who: Any 4th, 5th, or 6th grade student who loves to sing and wants to sing with a great group of kids! Choir at Ryan Elementary is a place for students who want to express themselves through performing arts and have fun in the process. We will learn proper singing technique, breath support, singing in 2-part harmony, etc. In this club, students will learn more about what it means to be in an ensemble and work with other students toward a common goal. Additionally, the Ryan Choir is a great way to get your voice ready for Musical Theatre in the Spring!
What: The Ryan Royals Choir!
When: Rehearsals will take place every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:45 am to 8:15 am. Rehearsals will start on September 19th and continue until February 6th. The Ryan Royals Choir will participate in three events during this time: Veteran's Day Performance (Nov 11th), Winter Concert (Dec 7th), and Choir Festival (Feb 5th).
***Please Note: The Ryan Choir will not meet on the following dates: October 3rd, 4th, 10th, 12th, 17th November 23rd, December 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th, January 2nd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 16th.***
Where: Rehearsals will be held in the Ryan Music Room, Music Room B.
Cost: $35, which includes a new choir T-shirt, all instruction, music materials, concert, and end-of-the-season party. You must pay and register for Choir through the CUSD Community Education website:
www.cusd80.com > Community Ed > Sports and Enrichment>Enrichment Programs >Ryan Choir 4th-6th >Enroll. Please make sure to include your correct email address on registration—all communication will take place via email.
Questions: Call Ms. Beauvais at 480-224-3213, or email email@example.com
Ryan Choir members and parents agree to abide by the following rules. Failure to abide may result in dismissal from Choir.
- Show respect and caring at all times, and sing your very best!
- Be on time to rehearsals and concerts. Choir members should report to the music room promptly at 7:45 am. The first rehearsal will be held September 19th.
- There will be no rehearsal during school intercessions (see dates above).
- Parents should notify Ms. Beauvais if their student will be absent from choir. Students are allowed FOUR absences from rehearsal. TWO instances of tardiness will equal ONE absence. Excessive absences will result in consequences such as: removal from performance, removal from field trip, or removal from choir.
- Please drop students off at the gate south of the office promptly between 7:40 am – 7:45 am
- Ms. Beauvais will be at the gate at 7:40 am. She will accompany the students back to her classroom at 7:45 am and will close the gate at that point.
- When dropping off, please pull all the way forward to keep the flow of traffic going.
**If you do arrive after 7:45 am, your child will go in through the office and proceed directly to the music room.***