Welcome to Weinberg's Health Office.Every year, a number of students become ill for many reasons, including exposure to other ill children in the classroom. To help you make decisions about whether or not to send your child to school, we have put together a list of indicators to help you to decide. A child should not be in school and will be sent home if the following conditions(s) are present:
- Fever over 100 degrees. A child should be fever-free for 24 hours (without medication) before returning to school.
- Persistent cough.
- Sore throat with fever and/or white spots on the throat.
- Rash with fever illness, such as chicken pox, measles, etc.
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. A child should be free from symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Red, itchy, and draining eyes. If conjunctivitis or "pink eye" is diagnosed, the child must be on medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Prolonged headache and/or stomachache.
- Swelling or pain at a level that may interfere with learning.
- Head lice - A child must remain at home until treated with medicated lice shampoo and the nits are removed. The child must be cleared through the health office before returning to school. Chandler Unified School District enforces a no-nit policy.
Feel free to contact Weinberg's health office (480-812-7502) with any questions.
Click to: Email the Health Assistant