What is Project Lead the Way?
PLTW is a nonprofit organization that provides a transformative learning experience for grades K-12 students and teachers across the U.S.. Through computer science, engineering, and biomedical science, students learn problem-solving strategies, critical and creative thinking and how to communicate and collaborate.
Andersen Elementary has established a partnership with INTEL to bring PLTW to our students. INTEL has generously donated $10,000 to Andersen Elementary for enhancements to our library to include PLTW materials. Additionally, INTEL has numerous employees who volunteer in our classroom to assist with the hands-on PLTW activities. A big thank you to INTEL for their much appreciated donation and volunteer work!
Some hands-on challenges PLTW students engage in include:
- Designing a robot that delivers supplies at a hospital
- Constructing a rescue method for a trapped zoo animal
- Proposing methods to prevent the spread of illnesses
- Designing and developing a table game
- Creating a video or podcast to teach others about concussions.
PLTW empowers students to thrive in our evolving world!