"Girls are powerful. When they’re educated, healthy, and safe, they transform their communities. When girls stand up for girls in need, they empower each other and transform our world. As the United Nations Foundation’s adolescent girl campaign, Girl Up engages girls to take action. Led by a community of nearly half a million passionate advocates raising awareness and funds, our efforts help the hardest to reach girls living in places where it is hardest to be a girl."
Basha High School's Girls Up club meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays in F204 AND
the 2nd and 4th Thursdays in C203.
Club Sponsors :
Allison Reynolds, room F204
Meghan Dunigan, room C203
Remind 101: @girlupbhs
What We Do:
What is Advocacy?
"Advocacy is calling on your elected officials to take action in support of a cause or issue. As a girl advocate, you’re asking policymakers to support and promote policies that positively impact the lives of girls in developing countries."
Girl Up Clubs Around the World
- Raising hundreds of thousands of dollars every year to support UN programs that empower adolescent girls
- Hosting school-wide celebrations on International Day of the Girl and International Women’s Day
- Planning and executing hundreds of activities throughout the school year, including Club Featured Challenges
- Building Club Coalitions across cities and regions for clubs to work together and plan events
Club Requirements per the UN:
- Host five Girl Up activities every year
- Submit activity & semester reports
- Recruit new members and build your membership
- Interact in the Girl Up Community and stay active
- Participate in fundraising challenges
*All donations go to: