PLTW is a nonprofit organization that provides a transformative learning experience for grades K-12 students and teachers across the U.S.. Through computer science, engineering, and biomedical science, students learn problem-solving strategies, critical and creative thinking and how to communicate and collaborate.
Hartford Sylvia Encinas Elementary School has established a partnership with INTEL to bring PLTW to our students. A big thank you to INTEL for their much appreciated support!
Some hands-on challenges PLTW students engage in include:
- Designing a robot that delivers supplies at a hospital
- Constructing a rescue method for a trapped zoo animal
- Proposing methods to prevent the spread of illnesses
- Designing and developing a table game
- Creating a video or podcast to teach others about concussions.
- Competing in the CUSD STEM Spectacular
PLTW empowers students to thrive in our evolving world!