Secondary (7-12) Open Enrollment InformationSPECIAL 6th GRADE NOTE: Incoming AJHS 6th grade, ACP-Oakland 6th grade, and Basha AMS 6th grade students will also use this secondary form. Please do not use the elementary form for these particular 6th grade students.
Secondary (Grades 7-12) Open Enrollment
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2020/2021 (next) SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS JAN. 13, 2020 at 7:30 am.
Applications cannot be accepted prior to this date/time.
Please read all information below prior to submitting your application.
See special note above regarding certain 6th grade studentsOpen Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year begins January 13, 2020 at 7:30 am.Applications will not be accepted prior to this date/time.Current 2019/2020 school year Open Enrollment applications are still being accepted!Open Enrollment Applications and Procedures are available for download below.Please use the correct year application when applying.You may turn in your open enrollment application to ANY junior high,high school, or the district office and it will be time stamped and forwarded for processing.
Important Open Enrollment Information:
- Students currently attending a site on open enrollment do NOT need to re-apply to remain at the same site for the next school year.
- Applications may be turned in to ANY secondary school site, or to the District office. Open enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year begins at 7:30 am, January 13, 2020 and is ongoing. You do not need to submit your application to the site you are applying for, you may submit it to ANY secondary location closest to you! Applications will not be accepted by fax or e-mail. Please note regular office hours when dropping off applications.
- It is expected that the student on open enrollment remain at the requested school for the entire school year. Revoking an open enrollment to return to boundary CUSD school mid-year requires district approval.
- If you do not currently attend a CUSD school, your application must have the most recent grade report or transcript, attendance, discipline reports and current IEP (if applicable) attached. If any of this information is missing, the application cannot be processed.
- One application per student is accepted. Please do not submit applications to more than one site.
- Providing false information will result in the request being denied and/or admission being revoked.
- Transportation (bussing) is not provided to students on open enrollment.
- It is recomended that the student remain at their current school while awaiting open enrollment decision. Please do not withdraw your student from school until open enrollment has been approved.
- Grades 9-12 Special Note Regarding Athletics and Extracurricular Activities: Eligibility for athletics and certain extracurricular activities may be affected when students transfer from one school to another. A student considering transfer is advised to discuss his/her situation with the Athletic Director at the site of current enrollment.
- Click here to review Secondary Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
*If you reside in the Chandler Unified School District, we request that you register your child at their home attendance boundary school in lieu of keeping the student out of school while awaiting open enrollment decision, as it may take a few weeks for processing. If you are unsure of your home school site, please view the boundary maps by clicking here. If your child’s Open Enrollment application is approved, their records will be transferred to the approved school.Click to download application and/or procedures:2019-2020 Open Enrollment Application (USE for remainder of CURRENT school year)2020-2021 Open Enrollment Application (Use for NEXT school year, turn in on/after Jan. 13, 2020 at 7:30 am)Versión en español a continuación: