Secondary (7-12) Open Enrollment InformationSPECIAL 6th GRADE NOTE: Incoming AJHS 6th grade, ACP-Oakland 6th grade, and Basha AMS 6th grade students will also use this secondary form. Please do not use the elementary form for these particular 6th grade students.
APPLICATION SUBMITTAL UPDATE!
In efforts to preserve the health of our community and employees, we encourage you to submit your open enrollment application and any supporting documents VIA EMAIL to email@example.com until further notice.
If your student does not currently attend a CUSD school, the application MUST include your students grades/transcript, attendance and behavior reports.
Please disregard the current application verbiage regarding email submittal.
Please put "OPEN ENROLLMENT APPLICATION" in the subject line of your email for faster processing. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Please read all information below prior to submitting your application. See special note above regarding certain 6th grade students.
The 2020-2021 (next school year) Open Enrollment Application and Procedures are available for download below.
- Students currently attending a site on open enrollment do NOT need to re-apply to remain at the same site for the next school year.
- It is expected that the student on open enrollment remain at the requested school for the entire school year. Revoking an open enrollment to return to boundary CUSD school mid-year requires district approval.
- If you do not currently attend a CUSD school, your application must have the most recent grade report or transcript, attendance, discipline reports and current IEP (if applicable) attached. If any of this information is missing, the application cannot be processed.
- One application per student is accepted. Please do not submit applications to more than one site.
- Providing false information will result in the request being denied and/or admission being revoked.
- Transportation (bussing) is not provided to students on open enrollment.
- It is recomended that the student remain at their current school while awaiting open enrollment decision. Please do not withdraw your student from school until open enrollment has been approved.
- Grades 9-12 Special Note Regarding Athletics and Extracurricular Activities: Eligibility for athletics and certain extracurricular activities may be affected when students transfer from one school to another. A student considering transfer is advised to discuss his/her situation with the Athletic Director at the site of current enrollment.
*If you reside in the Chandler Unified School District, we request that you register your child at their home attendance boundary school in lieu of keeping the student out of school while awaiting open enrollment decision, as it may take a few weeks for processing. If you are unsure of your home school site, please view the boundary maps by clicking here. If your child’s Open Enrollment application is approved, their records will be transferred to the approved school.Click to download application and/or procedures:Versión en español a continuación: