Math - Measurement and Data
Measurement and Data (MD)
- 1.MD.A Measure lengths indirectly and by iterating length units.
- 1.MD.A.1 Order three objects by length. Compare the lengths of two objects indirectly by using a third object.
- 1.MD.A.2 Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps. (Limit to contexts where the object being measured is spanned by a whole number of length units with no gaps or overlaps.)
- 1.MD.B Work with time and money.
- 1.MD.B.3a Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks.
- 1.MD.B.3b Identify coins by name and value (pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters).
- 1.MD.C Represent and interpret data.
- 1.MD.C.4 Organize, represent, and interpret data with up to three categories; ask and answer questions about the total number of data points, how many in each category, and how many more or less are in one category than in another.
*Please note that students at CTA Independence are accelerated in math therefore are learning the level one year above their current grade.