Notice to Parents from Nutrition Services
Welcome to the NEW school year. This summer Chandler USD Nutrition Services partnered with Aramark as part of a new strategy to bring our students the best possible nutrition and food services. During the summer all of our cafeterias were redecorated, and new menus were designed focusing on your child’s health and well-being. We are excited about all that is in store this year for our Chandler USD students!
With this partnership, there are some changes that we would like to inform you about. Please read on to ensure that together, we can set your child up to succeed this new school year.
Meal Price Increase
Due to the increase in cost of food, paper goods and the government regulation that states the district must meet our weighted average price per meal the Chandler Unified School District will be increasing their meal price. Please see new prices below.
Breakfast Elementary Junior High High School
Student $1.60 $1.60 $1.60
Student $2.75 $3.00 $3.35
Free and Reduced Application
This program includes meals for Breakfast and Lunch.
- IMPORTANT: You must reapply for free or reduced meals each school year
- Applications will be available at your student’s schools but we recommend that you complete the form online as they are processed faster
- Applications will be available on Chandler USD website under Nutrition Services section (https://www.cusd80.com/page/843)
- Students not on the program last year will be charged full price for meals until notified by the Nutrition Service Department by letter that an application has been approved. Parents are responsible for these charges until then.
(All applications will be processed within 10 working days of receipt at the Nutrition Services Office. You may turn the application into your school cafeteria or mail them to 555 S Pennington Dr. Chandler, AZ 85224)
Food allergies and intolerances are increasing among our nation’s children. We ask that you let us know if your child has any special dietary restrictions, and we will make every effort to accommodate your individual needs. Nutrition Services works with the CUSD nursing staff to accommodate these needs. Additional documentation from your child’s physician may be required.
The POS system benefits the District and your students in a number of practical ways. It allows students to move faster through the line so that they may have more time to eat their meal. Students that have money on their account will not have to worry about lunch money every morning. Please be sure and help your student know their lunch number before school starts. If your child cannot remember their ID number ask their teacher, registrar or call Nutrition Services at 480-812-7240.
Payments may be made anytime by going online to:
Payments may be made by check or cash at the cafeteria during meal periods.
We encourage parents to send checks as they are easier to track if lost. Put check or money in envelope clearly marked with student’s name and account number, along with cafeteria.
If you want money divided between two students that are in the same school clearly mark this information on the envelope also. Make out all checks to the school that your student attends.
- Elementary students can charge their account up to $8.25 (the equivalent of three school lunches).
- No charges are to be made during the last two weeks of school prior to summer break.
Checking Student Balances and History
- myschoolbucks.com - allows access to view balances, view a child’s account history and make payments on line.
- If you feel your child was charged by mistake please call the Nutrition Service office at 480-812-7240 and we will review the charge. You must call within 30 days of the date of the charge for us to review it.
- You may also select to choose a low balance email be sent to you and the amount you would like to be notified by on myschoolbucks.com
(Both these sites require your student’s nine digit ID which you can get from the office of your child’s school.)
Are available on the Nutrition Service web site address listed below.
Chandler Unified School District has a website that contains good information about our program. You may visit it at this address: