Let's Compose a Song:
1. Find a piece of staff paper, or trace 5 lines on a piece of notebook paper.
2. On the left side of the staff, draw a treble clef or bass clef.
3. To the right of the clef, draw 4/4 time signature.
4. Divide the staff into 4 measures using bar lines.
5. In each measure, create a rhythm using notes and rests.
6. Using the first 5 notes in a scale, assign notes to the rhythms you created. Make sure you start and end the song on the first note of the scale.
7. Now write the notes and rhythms on the correct places in the staff.
8. Add a double bar or repeat sign at the end of measure 4.
9. Play what you wrote.
10. Add a title at the top of the page, and put your name in the upper right corner of the page.
11. Congratulations! You are a composer!