A Parent’s Guide to Haley Running Club
- Running Club is open to all students K-6th grade
- Students must register by turning in a permission slip to Mrs. Burton. Click on the link if you need a copy of the Sign up sheet file
- Once your permission slip is turned in then you will pay for running club through infinite campus. Mrs. Hammett will add you to the running club list and a drop down will appear that shows how to pay
- Once you have paid then your child will receive a team shirt
- Practice twice a week
- Mondays and Thursdays, 3:00-3:40
- Begins Monday, October 29th until last district race (end of Feb/early March)
- All runners will report to the basketball courts and line up by grade level for attendance
- Please make sure your child is wearing running shoes on the days of running club
- All races will either be at Snedigar Sports complex, or Tumbleweed park
- Races start in January
- Each race is 1 ½ miles
- All participants must qualify for the races. Students must be able to do 1 ½ miles in less than 25 minutes. Students will be given a permission slip approx. a week before the race if they qualify
- No transportation is provided for race day, so parents must either provide their own transportation, or students may carpool
- For those kids not going to the races, there is NO RUNNING CLUB THAT DAY!!!
- Students will be given an index card with their name and school info on the day of the race. Don’t lose this card!! It is your race day info, and key to placing at the races!!
- The Haley team will meet at the race no later than 3:30. Look for your teammates in your Haley shirts, and we will warm up and stretch together as a team before the race!
- Awards will be presented to students for those who place 1st-5th place from each grade and gender
- Approximate end time is no later than 5, but if you have to leave once your child is done running then any awards that they receive they will get the next day at school.
- Races are strictly optional and runners do not have to participate