Here are different resources to help you work with your child on letter formation and phonograms at home.* Here is a PDF of our 70 phonogram test page that you can use at home:* Here is a PDF of the cues used to distinguish phonograms that make the same sound:* This website plays the sounds of the phonograms:* You can purchase this phonogram App for your phone, so students can do oral and written phonogram practice at home:* You can also visit the Spalding Website at http://www.spalding.org/ for more resources.Here is a list of items that you may be interested in:
- Phonogram cards
- Audio CD of phonogram sounds
- The Writing Road to Reading by Romalda Spalding
Below are resources to help with our spelling program including rules and marking used in students'
pink and whites.* Here is our weekly spelling schedule
* Here is a PDF on how to conduct practice test at home:* Here is a PDF of the spelling pre-test sheet that you can use at home:* Here is a PDF on the different spelling rules and the markings:
- Monday: spelling test for previous week
- Tuesday: insert 10 words
- Wednesday: insert 10 words
- Thursday: insert 10 words
- Friday: spelling dictation test
* You can view the spelling list on our weekly newsletter page.
* This website shows the letter formations:* Here is a PDF on how the letters should look:* Here is a PDF practice writing page:* Here is a PDF for handwriting practice with rubric: