Patterson Running Club 2019-2020
Running Club Registration Form 2019-2020 (<---- Click link to open and print the registration form!)
- Practice twice a week
- Monday and Wednesday, 7:40-8:15 AM (see "Dates to Remember" section for special theme practices and cancellations)
- Begins Wednesday November 13 until end of season celebration breakfast
- Runners attending Kids Express will be pulled when practice begins
- Bike gate will be open for riders and walkers
- All runners will report to the basketball court for practice
- Runners must wear closed toe tennis/running shoes
- Runners will be released to regular soft start or MPR to purchase breakfast at 8:15 AM
- We can only supervise members signed up for Running Club. Siblings of runners NOT signed up for Running Club are NOT ALLOWED on campus until 8 AM.
- If your child is sick or injured, please do not send your child to practice.
- Runners and parents may track the athlete's mileage via the StrideTrack program.
- At the beginning of the Running Club season, your runner will receive a quarter slip of paper from with information on how to log in. Athletes will receive new log in numbers each school year.
- If at any point in time your runner and family decides to NO LONGER ATTEND Running Club (we understand circumstances change and Running Club is a huge commitment), please email Coach Wong ASAP so we can always keep our athlete rosters current!!
- Be sure to have your family signed up on the REMIND program! If we need to cancel morning practices LAST MINUTE due to muddy fields, bad weather, lightning, etc...families will be contacted via this program only by 6:45 AM!! text @96683g3 to the number 81010
Here are some answers to often asked questions…
Do all Running Club members get to run at District Races?
YES! The district races at Tumbleweed Park are for ALL Running Club members. They are the competitions we have been preparing for since November. When you initially signed up your runner for Running Club, this automatically entered your runner for the district races.
What do runners wear the day of the race?
Runners can wear their RUNNING CLUB TEAM SHIRT to school on district race days. Bottoms/pants still need to be dress code appropriate. Prior to dismissal from school, a yellow race card will be given to your runner by their homeroom teacher to wear for the district race. Please remind your runner to pin this card to their shirt as soon as they receive it.
Where is Tumbleweed Park and where do I park?
Parents provide transportation for their runner to Tumbleweed Park (McQueen and Germann). Basically take the Loop 202 and exit on McQueen. Head south (ie. take a left off the freeway) toward Germann and then turn west on Germann (ie. take a right on Germann). Stay on Germann til you come to Hamilton St. PAST the Tumbleweed Rec Center. At Hamilton St., turn left into a giant parking lot. Park and meet our team near the large grassy field/ramadas (this area is between the Rec Center and the parking lot).
Where is Snedigar Park and where do I park?
Parents provide transportation for their runner to Snedigar Park (Chandler Heights and Alma School). Basically drive local on Chandler Heights (west) until you reach Alma School. Turn right (north) on Alma School and then right on S Fulton Ranch Blvd. Then, turn left on Basha Road. Parking will be available to the left and right of this road (if you pass the skate park you have travelled too far north). Park your car (see map below for the 3 parking areas available) and meet our team near the large grassy field where the race start is located.
What time do I need to be at the park?
Please try to arrive at Tumbleweed Park or Snedigar Park by 3:30 pm OR EARLIER. Coach Park will be greeting and leading warm-up exercises prior to the race. The race starts promptly at 3:45pm!
What’s the general race procedure?
Once the majority of the runners arrive, students will start lining up by grade level…similar to what I do at the start of run club. (6th grade boys, 6th grade girls, 5th grade boys…etc.). The kids will be released by their gender and grade level in waves so kids aren’t running all over each other! It’s a 1.5 mile course thru the park. The runners will return toward the start area as they near the end of the race. Thus, parents can remain near the start.
Boys and Girls Chute
As you near the finish line, remember…BOYS to the LEFT, GIRLS to the RIGHT (runners need to start positioning themselves toward the left or right side PRIOR to nearing the flags!!). Once you enter the “flag”area, stay in line in the order you entered. Your yellow race card should be given to the volunteer and the runner will be handed a blue or green “race number ticket.”
Blue and Green Race Number Ticket
The “race number ticket” lets you know how you placed against all the other boy or girl runners at the race that day. So for our next district race, try to improve upon the number you received at the first race!
Boys receive a blue ticket and girls a green ticket.
This ticket is also super important if you are one of the top 5 finishers! We quickly check tickets of the top 5 when ribbons are presented (so don’t lose your ticket…bring it up if your name gets called!) just in case a runner’s card got mixed up. (We did have some cards dropped in the last district race…and yes…we did use the ticket system to figure out who was supposed to be fifth place vs. sixth place!)
After the run, runners can grab a piece of fruit to eat and some water to drink. Awards for the top 5 boy/girl runners in each grade level then follows. Afterward, give your runner a hug and high 5 for a job well done and head on home!
- Practice twice a week
2019-2020 Dates to Remember
Friday October 18th - Friday November 1st - Submit Running Club Registration Form. Nov. 1st is the final date to turn in your form!
Monday November 11th - Final day to log into your family's Infinite Campus account to pay the $15 per runner fee.
*If payment is not received by Monday, November 11th via Infinite Campus, your child will be removed from the Running Club roster.*
Wednesday, November 13, 7:40 - 8:15 AM - First Running Club Practice of the Season!
Wednesday, November 27 - NO SCHOOL/NO PRACTICE - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Tuesday, December 10, 3:30 PM til end of race - 1st District Race at Tumbleweed Park
Wednesday December 11th No practice after Tuesdays Race.
Thursday, January 23, 3:30 PM til end of race - 2nd District Race at Snedigar Park
Tuesday, February 11, 3:30 PM til end of race - 3rd District Race at Tumbleweed Park
Wednesday, February 12th No practice after Tuesdays Race
TBD - End of season celebration and awards presentation!
Dates will be posted as the season progresses...please check back often!