Patterson Running Club 2023-2024
- Practice twice a week
- Monday and Wednesday, 7:40-8:15 AM (see "Dates to Remember" section for special theme practices and cancellations)
- Begins Monday November 13 until end of season celebration breakfast 1/26
- Runners attending Kids Express will be pulled when practice begins
- Bike gate will be open for riders and walkers
- All runners will report to the basketball court for practice
- Runners must wear closed toe tennis/running shoes
- Runners will be released to regular soft start or MPR to purchase breakfast at 8:15 AM
- We can only supervise members signed up for Running Club. Siblings of runners NOT signed up for Running Club are NOT ALLOWED on campus until 8 AM.
- If your child is sick or injured, please do not send your child to practice.
- Runners and parents may track the athlete's mileage via the StrideTrack program.
- At the beginning of the Running Club season, your runner will receive a quarter slip of paper from with information on how to log in. Athletes will receive new log in numbers each school year.
- If at any point in time your runner and family decides to NO LONGER ATTEND Running Club (we understand circumstances change and Running Club is a huge commitment), please email Coach Park ASAP so we can always keep our athlete rosters current!!
- Be sure to have your family signed up on the REMIND program! If we need to cancel morning practices LAST MINUTE due to muddy fields, bad weather, lightning, etc...families will be contacted via this program only by 6:45 AM!! text @cegb7kh to the number 81010
Here are some answers to often asked questions…
Do all Running Club members get to run at District Races?
YES! The district races are for ALL Running Club members. They are the competitions we have been preparing for since November. When you initially signed up your runner for Running Club, this automatically entered your runner for the district races.
What do runners wear the day of the race?
Runners can wear their RUNNING CLUB TEAM SHIRT to school on district race days. Bottoms/pants still need to be dress code appropriate. Prior to dismissal from school, a running club sticker will be given to your runner by their homeroom teacher to wear for the district race. Please remind your runner to attach and keep this sticker on their shirt as soon as they receive it.
Where is Tumbleweed Park and where do I park?
Parents provide transportation for their runner to Tumbleweed Park (McQueen and Germann). Basically take the Loop 202 and exit on McQueen. Head south (ie. take a left off the freeway) toward Germann and then turn west on Germann (ie. take a right on Germann). Stay on Germann til you come to Hamilton St. PAST the Tumbleweed Rec Center. At Hamilton St., turn left into a giant parking lot. Park and meet our team near the large grassy field/ramadas (this area is between the Rec Center and the parking lot).
Where is Snedigar Park and where do I park?
Parents provide transportation for their runner to Snedigar Park (Chandler Heights and Alma School). Basically drive local on Chandler Heights (west) until you reach Alma School. Turn right (north) on Alma School and then right on S Fulton Ranch Blvd. Then, turn left on Basha Road. Parking will be available to the left and right of this road (if you pass the skate park you have travelled too far north). Park your car (see map below for the 3 parking areas available) and meet our team near the large grassy field where the race start is located.
What time do I need to be at the park?
Please try to arrive at Tumbleweed Park or Snedigar Park by 3:30 pm OR EARLIER. Coach Park will be greeting and leading warm-up exercises prior to the race. The race starts promptly at 3:45pm!
What’s the general race procedure?
Once the majority of the runners arrive, students will start lining up by grade level…similar to what I do at the start of run club. (6th grade boys, 6th grade girls, 5th grade boys…etc.). The kids will be released by their gender and grade level in waves so kids aren’t running all over each other! It’s a 1.5 mile course thru the park. The runners will return toward the start area as they near the end of the race. Thus, parents can remain near the start.
Boys and Girls Chute
As you near the finish line, remember…BOYS to the LEFT, GIRLS to the RIGHT (runners need to start positioning themselves toward the left or right side PRIOR to nearing the flags!!). Once you enter the “flag”area, stay in line in the order you entered. Your sticker should be given to the volunteer. If you lost your sticker you will simply give your information to the volunteer verbally.
After the run, runners can grab a snack and some water to drink. Afterward, give your runner a hug and high 5 for a job well done and head on home! We will no longer be having a large group onsite awards cermony. Runners will be recognized at their school during quarterly assemblies.
- Practice twice a week
2023-2024 Dates to Remember
Submit the Running Club Registration Form. October 27th is the final date to turn in your form!
November 3rd - First day to log into your family's Infinite Campus account to pay the $20 per runner fee.
*If payment is not received by Monday, November 13th via Infinite Campus, your child will be removed from the Running Club roster.*
Monday, November 13 7:40 - 8:15 AM - First Running Club Practice of the Season!
Wednesday, November 22 - NO SCHOOL/NO PRACTICE - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Wednesday, December 6th No practice
Thursday, December 7st 3:30 PM until end of race - 1st District Race at Tumbleweed Park
Monday January 8th No practice
Wednesday, January 10 No practice
Thursday, January 11 3:30 pm until end of the race - 2nd district race at Snedigar
Monday, January 15 No practice
Monday January 22 No practice
Tuesday, January 23, 3:30 PM til end of race - 3rd District Race at Snedigar
No More Practices
January 26th - End of season celebration and awards presentation!