Dress For Success
Students are expected to keep themselves well groomed and neatly dressed at all times. Any form of dress or hairstyle, which is contrary to good hygiene, distracting, or disruptive in appearance and detrimental to the purpose or conduct of the school, will not be permitted. The following list is meant to give parents and students a guideline to follow that includes, but is not limited to, these examples:
- Spaghetti strapped shirts or tank tops with less than a two-inch shoulder strap.
- Any clothing that bares the midriff or reveals undergarments.
- Saggy or bagging pants.
- Hats are to be worn outside only.
- Shirts or jewelry promoting sex, drugs, alcohol, gangs, or violence.
- Belts and/or chains hanging below the waist.
- Sheer, see-through blouses and/or shirts.
- Short shorts (must be thumb length with arm fully extended to the side).
- Unnaturally colored hair.
Students who do not wear clothing which reflects good judgment or who does not comply with these guidelines, will be referred to the principal or health assistant. Students will be asked to change their clothing if it is not appropriate and parents will be notified. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.