**Will officially assign this October 25th
Movie Madness has five sections. You must choose a book that was made into a movie, not the other way around.
Spelling, grammar and punctuation are worth 10 possible points.
**Pre-approval is DUE November 5th: PROJECT DUE 12/10
*Each section HAS TO BE either word-processed or written neatly.
*Please title each section (except #2) exactly as I have done.
1. Compare and Contrast: You will write 2 paragraphs that compare and contrast the book from the movie. For example, what are the similarities (comparisons) in both the book and the movie? Describe the differences (contrasts) in the movie compared to the book. 10 possible points
IDEAS: You could compare and contrast the beginning or ending of the books/movies. You could also describe how a scene from the book was done differently in the movie. **If you can’t view movie, PLEASE SEE ME FOR for alternative directions for this section only (you can do the rest without seeing the movie).
2. Movie Poster: You are going to design a new poster for the book/movie.
It will include:
- The title of the movie, the name of the director (that’s you), who is starring in it, when it’s opening and where.
- Two color illustrations based on the book. 2 points
- Three to four word descriptive headline of the book/movie. 3
- One paragraph description of the movie. 5
- Can use classes’ construction paper or purchase poster board (can be a half of a poster board).
- 3. Hollywood Interview: Pretend that you are a Hollywood news reporter interviewing the actor that will be playing the book’s main character. You will:
- Write five complete sentence questions that you would ask the actor playing the main character. 5
- Write five complete sentence responses to those questions that you think the main character would give. 5
4.The Soundtrack: You are going to design a new soundtrack for the movie (ask your family members for suggestions).
- List the names of at least five bands or singers and/or the names of their songs that you think would fit into the movie.
- Write one paragraph (not a paragraph for each song) that describes why you think the music fits into the movie or reflects what is going on in a certain scene. 5
5. The Sequel: Imagine that the first movie based on your book was a success. Now you are going to predict what would happen if there was a sequel to your book. 10
- Write one to two paragraphs that describe the sequel to either the book or the movie. Include the setting, which characters from the first book are in the movie or create new characters. Describe what happens in the sequel. 55 total points possible
MOVIE MADNESS TITLES:
Sixty-eight children’s books that have been made into movies!
All of these books are pre-approved, however you will still complete the pre-approval form as to why you have chosen your book.
You are not limited to these titles, they are only suggestions, but if you choose another title, it will have to be pre-approved.
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Aquamarine Alexander and the..
Babe The Babysitter’s Club Bridge to Terabithia The Book Thief
The Borrowers (The Secret World of Arrietty) The BFG Charlotte’s Web
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Coraline City of Ember
Cheaper by the Dozen The Dark is Rising (The Seeker)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
The Story of Doctor Dolittle Ella Enchanted Ender’s Game
Chronicles of Narnia-The Lion… Fantastic Mr. Fox Flipped
Freaky Friday Freak the Mighty (The Mighty)
The Golden Compass Gulliver’s Travels Harriet the Spy
The Hobbit Hoot Hotel for Dogs
How to Train Your Dragon Hugo
The Hunger Games The Giver
Incredible Journey (Homeward Bound) Inkheart
Indian in the Cupboard James and the Giant Peach
Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer The Jungle Book
Little House on the Prairie A Little Princess
Little Women Lord of the Rings
Matilda Mary Poppins Millions
Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIMH Mortal Instruments: City of Bones
My Dog Skip Nancy Drew
Nanny McPhee: Based on the collected tales of Nurse Matilda
Nim’s Island Peter Pan Princess Diaries
Percy Jackson Series of Unfortunate Events The Secret Garden
Shiloh Sounder Spiderwick Chronicles
Stormbreaker Stuart Little Tale of Despereaux
Twilight Tuck Everlasting War Horse Wonder
Wonderful Wizard of Oz