Tech Tips for Teachers
Information Systems Menu - A resource for staff with information about CSRs, phone systems, and FAQs.
- Only certain sections of the CSR are visible to the site techs on their initial reports. The description section is key and where detailed information should be included.
- Write down the item and issue (in the description section) as if you were talking to the site tech in person. Be specific and detailed.
- Leave the laptop in the COW charging with a sticky note or paper on top so that it is easy to find.
- Make sure to list the COW number and laptop location in the description box (For example: COW X, 1:4).
- Mention the grade level of the COW and possible room locations where it will be found over the next couple of days.
Staff Distance Learning Site - Staff resources for help with distance learning
Technology Troubleshooting Guide - Troubleshooting tips for staff and students.
CUSD Technology Menu - A resource for staff on approved technology, curriculum resources, tech tutorials, and who to contact.
Social Media Awareness
Chandler Unified School District partners with three law enforcement agencies, the Chandler Police Department, the Gilbert police department and the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. They’re working together to help students make informed choices so they can avoid dangerous abuse of online communications, and its subsequent penalties.
Common Sense Media
A great source for families and educators with links, reviews, news, etc.
A resource with reviews of many tech tools.
Empowering digital citizens
Teaching digital citizenship to students
Partnership for 21st Century Learning
A website that partners with Arizona to prepare students for the 21st century.
Steve Jobs article
An article about Steve Jobs being a low tech parent.
Transforming lesson with the SAMR cycle
Examples of applying the SMAR model in the classroom.
Ways to use technology in the classroom
7 tech tips for classroom tech integration.
Women in STEM: Sara Makboul
An article about Sara Makboul who is a young scientist.