Good Citizenship and Kindness ProgramThe Goals of the Good Citizenship and Kindness Program at Hancock Elementary are:
The students at Hancock will have increased:
To develop self-respect
To promote kindness and consideration
To practice being polite
To respect others' property
To own a sense of personal responsibility
The Leader in Me
- All around good effort and attitude
- You are a responsible person.
- You take initiative.
- You choose your actions, attitudes, and moods.
- You do the right thing without being asked, even when no one is looking.
Begin With the End in Mind
- You plan ahead and set goals.
- You do things that have meaning and make a difference.
- You are an important part of the classroom and school.
Put First Things First
- You work first, then play.
- You spend time on things that are most important.
- You say no to things that you should not do.
- You set priorities, make a schedule, and follow a plan.
- You are self-disciplined and organized.
- You want everyone to be a success.
- You don’t have to put others down to get what you want.
- When a conflict happens, you look for a third solution.
- You believe we can all win.
Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
- You listen before you talk.
- You listen to other people’s ideas and feelings.
- You try to see things from other viewpoints.
- You listen without interrupting.
- You share your opinion and ideas.
- You know everyone is good at something.
- You know everyone needs to get better at something.
- You know we can all learn something from each other.
- You know working in groups helps to create better ideas than what one person can do along.
Sharpen the Saw
- You take care of your body by eating right, exercising, and getting sleep.
- You learn in lots of ways and lots of places, not just at school.
- You take time to help others.