Dear Hancock Families
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to Hancock Elementary! I am proud and very excited to be the principal of this wonderful school. I am blessed to be able to take over the leadership from Mrs. Hull who did an incredible job since the school has opened. I will continue to lead the school with high expectations and a commitment to meeting student needs.
I would like to highlight just a few of the programs Hancock offers:
- We are an A+ school, awarded by the Arizona Educational Foundation. In addition, Hancock has consistently met the standards to receive an ‘A’ letter grade from the Arizona Department of Education.
- Hancock has an incredible staff that provide excellent instruction as well as sincere care for our students. This creates a great learning environment where students can thrive in.
- We are an Accelerated Academy and we take pride in meeting the academic needs of all our students. We offer above grade level math and reading classes for K-6 grade students who qualify.
- Hancock Elementary staff is committed to ensuring a quality learning environment which focuses on social emotional support for students as well as a Kindness Club that promotes positive interactions among students.
- We host several other school clubs and tutoring programs to support students’ needs and interests.
Our goal is to be a close-knit family at Hancock. We desire that all students are supported and challenged in a quality learning environment. Our purpose is to provide a path for students to become lifelong learners and develop the skills necessary to experience tremendous success as they pursue their dreams.
I look forward to meeting each of you. I know these are challenging times we are going through right now because of the COVID virus but we hope to soon get to the point where we can have our wonderful families and community back on campus. If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Thank you for joining us as we “blaze a path to the future!”
Dr. Joe Walters