Mrs. Jones’ KindergartenClassroom Expectations
In order to provide your child with an excellent educational climate and to ensure that learning does occur, the following classroom behavior plan will be in effect at all times. The classroom plan consists of rules, rewards, and consequences. Please note I focus primarily on positive reinforcement and rewards with my students.
- Try your best!!
- Raise hand before speaking.
- Listen to directions and follow them.
- Take care of materials. (Put supplies away)
- Keep all 4’s on the floor (all 4 legs of the chair on the floor)
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Be nice and courteous!! (Share, Take turns, Help others) “Use your heart”.
- Please use your manners.
- Refer to the Toro Targets and gold Discipline sheet you read and signed with your child.
- Green is good on the behavior chart, CLIP UP to blue or pink because of great behavior and learning!
1sttime student breaks a rule: Verbal warning. (we are 5 and 6 years old and learning classroom behavior)
2nd time student breaks a rule: clip down to yellow light.
3rd time student breaks a rule: clip to red light
4thtime student breaks a rule: red light, loss of recess or natural consequence.-Red note to parents sent in Toro Folder.
5thtime student breaks a rule: all of the above and, parents called.
6thtime student breaks a rule: all of the above, talk with Principal, parents called.
CLASSROOM and INDIVIDUAL REWARDS:
1. Stickers and Happy Notes- blue TORO TARGET COMPLIMENT SLIP! Drawings for rewards done each week on the announcements from Mrs. Hale. :)
2. Special Treats!
3. Green is good on the behavior chart, CLIP UP to blue or pink because of great behavior, kindness, and learning!
4. Special Games!
5. Extra Recesses!
6. Lots of Hugs and Praise!
7. Bear Jar!
8. Treasure Box!
I look forward to helping your child grow both academically and socially.