Battle of the Books 2022-2023!
Battle of the Books is a program offered exclusively to 5th and 6th grade students. Students work in teams of two or three students, reading four books per quarter. After the fall, winter, and spring intersession, the teams will compete to see which team correctly answers the most questions about the books and scores the highest points! This program is optional.
The only requirement is that you commit to all three quarters so your team will not be stranded without you. Meeting times and locations will be determined after permission forms are received.
The books are available to check out from our Library.
Battle 1 Books
- Picture of Hollis Woods by Patrcia Reilly Giff
- The Girl Who Could Fly by Victoria Foster
- Earthquake Terror by Peg Kehret
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
Battle 2 Books
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- Poppy by Avi
- Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
Battle 3 Books
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Riding Freedon by Pam Munoz Ryan
- The View from Saturday by E.L. Konisburg
- Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop
The Battles are scheduled for Monday, Oct. 24th, Tuesday, Jan. 24th, and Friday, March 31st.
You may join Battle of the Books with a team or without one, we will help you find other
students to make a great team.
Please contact Mrs. Heistuman with any questions regarding Battle of the Books