Battle of the Books!
Battle of the Books is a program offered exclusively to 5th and 6th grade students. Students work in teams of two or three students, reading four books per quarter. After the fall, winter, and spring intersession, the teams will compete to see which team correctly answers the most questions about the books and scores the highest points! This program is optional.
The only requirement is that you commit to all three quarters so your team will not be stranded without you. Meeting times and locations will be determined after permission forms are received.
The books are available to check out from our Library.
Battle 1 Books
- Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
- City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech
Battle 2 Books
- Captain Nobody by Dean Pitchford
- The Unwanteds by Lisa McMan
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein
- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes by Eleanor Coerr
Battle 3 Books
- Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff
- Poppy by Avi
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Levine
- El Deafo by CeCe Bell
The Battles are scheduled for Thurday, Oct. 24, Wednesday, Jan. 8, and Wednesday, March 25.
You may join Battle of the Books with a team or without one, we will help you find other
students to make a great team.
Please contact Mrs. Heistuman or Mrs. Ryle with any questions regarding Battle of the Books