Battle of the Books!
Battle of the Books is a program offered exclusively to 5th and 6th grade students. Students work in teams of two or three students, reading four books per quarter. After the fall, winter, and spring intersession, the teams will compete to see which team correctly answers the most questions about the books and scores the highest points! This program is optional.
The only requirement is that you commit to all three quarters so your team will not be stranded without you. Meeting times and locations will be determined after permission forms are received.
The books are available to check out from our Library.
Battle 1 Books
- The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
- Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Frindle by Andrew Clements
Battle 2 Books
- Joey Pigza Swallowed the Key by Jack Gantos
- Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Watson's Go to Birmingham-1963 by Christopher Paul Curtis
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
Battle 3 Books
- Jeremy Thatcher, Dragon Hatcher by Bruce Coville
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Sarah Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan
- Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath
The Battles are scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 29th, Thursday, Jan. 13th, and Friday, April 1st.
You may join Battle of the Books with a team or without one, we will help you find other
students to make a great team.
Please contact Mrs. Heistuman with any questions regarding Battle of the Books