Policies and Procedures
Visitors - Please Sign In
All visitors MUST sign in at the office as soon as they arrive on campus and receive an ID badge, which we ask you to wear as long as you are on school grounds.School Attendance
Regular school attendance and being on time are critical to the learning process and also help the students develop a good attitude toward school. When illness or other obligations make it necessary for your child to be absent, it is requested that you call the attendance line at 480-883-5903. A 24 hour answering machine is available for your convenience. If the school is not notified, a call will be made by the Attendance Technician to determine the reason for the absence.In the event that you must have your child released from school prior to dismissal, we request that you come into the office to sign him/her out. Your cooperation is appreciated and essential in helping us to provide for your child’s safety. Thank you.
Reminder -- Students should not be on campus before 8:25 a.m. Playground supervision begins at that time. Should you have child care needs before this time, the Kids Express program is available on our campus at 6:30 a.m. You can call Kids Express at 480-812-7970 for more information.
Please be sure your child is at school by 8:35 a.m. to begin their day positively!
Hancock Elementary School Parent Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
It is the goal of our school to have safe and happy students! Please look over the list of reminders to ensure everyone gets to school on time and safely. Also, look at the map below to better understand our procedures. We have truly appreciated all your input and support to make this a successful plan. We thank you for your patience!
- Follow the directions of people in orange vests to pull forward as far as you can. Stay in the drop off line and do not pass other cars.
- Drop off your child after the crosswalk by the office.
- When in the drop off lane, stay in your car at all times. The Safety Patrol students will help your child enter and exit the car. Your child should exit the car only on the curbside.
- If you should need to get out of your car, please park your car in the parking lot.
- Exercise extreme caution when dropping off and picking up your child in this area. The speed limit is 15 M.P.H. and most of the time it will be slower.
- Remember students do not always think or look before they enter or exit a car. Please be watchful of our students.
- Parents, please use the office crosswalk when arriving or leaving school.
- Dismissal reminders - Kindergartens are dismissed five minutes early at 2:55, so they can be picked up first. All teachers will direct students to the bike rack area for parent pick up.
- Other reminders - Walk bikes on campus and no scooters or roller blades.