Bullying, Harassment and/or Intimidation Guidelines, Procedures, and Resources
Chandler Unified School District believes that student safety is a top priority in ensuring all students the opportunity to achieve academic excellence. CUSD fosters safe spaces for student learning by following all governing board, state, and national anti-bullying policies on all of our campuses.
Below are links to documents which will provide you with information on how CUSD address cases where student safety has been potentially compromised. After an incident has been reported, a response will be provided to the appropriate person(s) in letter form. This letter will identify one of the following three determinations as a result of the investigation:
- The investigation confirms the allegations are NOT Bullying, Harassment and/or Intimidation as defined in A.R.S. §15-341/J-2000; or
- The investigation confirms the allegations constitute Bullying, Harassment and/or Intimidation as defined in A.R.S. §15-341/J-2000; or
- The evidence of harassment or bullying is inconclusive.
Document 1: Student Rights and Protections
Document 2: Student Bullying/Harassment/Intimidation Governing Board Policy JICK
Document 3: Student Rights and Responsibilities Governing Board Policy JI and JI-R
Document 4: Bullying/Harassment/Intimidation Reporting Form
The following person(s) may use this form to report an incident of student violence / harassment / intimidation / bullying:
- Student who has been targeted
- Parent/Guardian of a targeted student
- Close adult relative of a targeted student
- School staff member