Welcome to Elementary Education
Dear Elementary Parents,
It is with great anticipation and excitement that I welcome you back for another incredible school year within the Elementary Schools of Chandler Unified School District!As we begin the 2017-2018 school year, we thank you for making Chandler Unified School District (CUSD) your choice and we invite you to become involved in your child’s school as you deem appropriate. I know once you engage in this manner you will feel the sense of pride that we have for all of our schools.CUSD is fortunate to maintain and attract a highly qualified and high quality staff whose efforts on a daily basis have resulted in CUSD being labeled as an “A” Grade District for the 6th consecutive year by the Arizona Department of Education.I would like to share our priorities for our 30 elementary schools which provide excellent educational opportunities for over 23,000 students.
The strongest factor in the overall success of our students and schools will always be our ability to work in collaboration with our parents. It is our goal that you feel welcome in our schools and take advantage of opportunities to become involved, to learn more about our great school district, and to stay informed of your child’s progress and needs on a continuing bases through our Infinite Campus Parent Portal.For each child to learn to his or her fullest it is important that he or she attends school on a regular basis. Quality attendance at school is linked to future success students will see in college and career. We will be working closely to provide resources to families who may have a child who struggles with chronic attendance this upcoming year. It is our goal to ensure that our parents are provided with quality communication throughout their experiences with Chandler Unified schools.Yours in Education,Assistant SuperintendentElementary Education
- To continue our implementation of the new K-6 math curriculum with fidelity. Our teachers will build lessons based on state standards, curriculum maps and pacing guides to ensure that our students have a strong foundation in the standards of practice in mathematics and to increased pathways for acceleration in mathematics when appropriate.
- To enhance small group instruction in English Language Arts block to meet the needs of all levels of readers.
- To encourage all parents to sign-up for an account in our grade reporting management system (Infinite Campus). The Parent Portal access provides each parent a review of their student's progress in real-time. Chandler will continue to go "paperless" in continuous reporting. Parents may print reports from the portal. If you are not signed-up by conferences, your teachers will provide further instructions on how to do so.
- To continue to expand S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) integration, so that students not only acquire strong foundational skills but also will transfer these skills to career or college opportunities.
- To review Elementary Character Education programs and to ensure that all sites have a program that meets research-based practices and are implemented with fidelity.
- To reduce chronic absences (10-18 days) by connecting families and resources so that students attend school on a regular basis.