• FAQsWorker's Compensation FAQs
  • Q: What happens if I am injured on the job?

    Posted by HR on 12/15/2015 11:55:00 PM

    A: If an employee suffers a work-related injury, the first seven days will be charged to the individual's sick leave. Any additional days will be charged at the rate of 1/3 day of sick leave for each day absent. Worker's compensation insurance pays .66 of the daily rate.   Light duty will be available for injured employees contingent upon the restrictions and the needs of the organization.   Decisions regarding light duty are based upon a number of factors including but not limited to, the length of recuperation, availability of acceptable work, etc.

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: What is the on call nurse triage program?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 11:55:00 PM

    A: If you sustained an on-the-job injury, and your injury is not life threatening or does not require immediate medical attention, get with your supervisor or site nurse and contact the Alliance on-call triage nurse, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1 (888) CLAIM-89 (1-888-252-4689) Press 2 for the on-call triage nurse.  

    If you are an injured employee and have already received medical treatment, call the number above and press 3 to report the claim.

    If you have an injury that does not require medical attention, please complete the Supervisor’s Incident Report with your supervisor or site nurse and retain it for district record.  If you have questions regarding the Alliance on-call triage nurse program, please call 1 (800) 266-4911 and press 4 for Member Services, or click here to visit the Alliance website.

    Click below for:


    Comments (-1)
  • Q: What is Worker's Compensation Insurance?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 11:00:00 PM

    A: Workers's compensation insurance is a system in which an injured worker receives medical and compensation benefits for injuries arising in the course and scope of employment.

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: What happens when an employee goes to the doctor/clinic for a job related injury?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 10:55:00 PM

    A: The physician will give the employee a form to complete and sign. By signing the form, the employee has filed a claim and has applied for workers’ compensation benefits. The doctor/clinic will send a copy of the form to the Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA), the employer and the Alliance. The Alliance and the ICA will use this form to start the claim process on behalf of the injured employee.

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: What do I need to do to return to work after medical, maternity or job-related injury leave of absence?

    Posted by HR on 12/15/2015 10:55:00 PM

    A: Employees who have been on a medical leave of absence must have a physician’s release prior to returning to work. This form should be presented to the physician for their completion and signature after your office visit. If the physician establishes restrictions at the initial visit, the employee should present this form at each follow up visit for an updated medical status. Once the employee has the signed Return to Work Form, please submit it to the Chandler Unified School District Benefits Department. Employees must not return to work from a medical leave of absence until the Benefits Department authorizes the return.

    Here is a link to the Doctor's Release form that you will need to complete to return to work after maternity leave.  

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: Who is the Alliance?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 10:50:00 PM

    A: The Alliance is the District’s workers’ compensation provider, which is a self-insured organization created by Arizona school districts. The Alliance will coordinate claim activities between the injured employee, District, treating physician and the ICA.

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: Who is the Industrial Commission of Arizona (ICA)?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 10:45:00 PM

    A: The Industrial Commission is a state agency that is the governing body for workers’ compensation and is responsible for deciding disputes and monitoring activities of the Alliance.

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: If I need care, may I go to my own doctor?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 10:40:00 PM

    A: Yes, but the district does have the right to request you be seen by the district’s preferred provider (Concentra or FastMed) one time.

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: What if a Concentra or FastMed facility is not open?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 10:35:00 PM

    A: There is a 24 hour Concentra facility near the airport. If it is an emergency, go to the emergency room. If not, wait until the following day when the clinic opens. There are also Urgent Care facilities with extended hours. Some FastMed facilities are open Sundays and Holidays. Click here for:

    Comments (-1)
  • Q: If the employee is not satisfied with a doctor, can they change to another doctor?

    Posted by Business Office on 12/15/2015 10:30:00 PM

    A: Once an employee sees the doctor at least two times, the employee may not change to another doctor without the approval of the Alliance.

    Comments (-1)