Location: Casteel High School
24901 S. Power Rd., Queen Creek, AZ 85142Dates: Mon. – Thurs., June 11-14 AND June 18-21. Performance: 6:30 PM Thurs., June 21Class times: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PMCoordinator(s): Paula Jones and Curt LandonThis camp is offered to any student who has played a band or orchestra instrument for a minimum of one year. Students should be registered for grades 6-12 for the 2018-2019 school year. Visit our camp website for more info!
Location: Basha Elementary
3535 S. Basha Road, Chandler, AZ 85248Dates: Mon. - Fri., June 4-22, 2018, Open House on Fri., June 1st from 10 am - 11 amClass times: 8:30 am - 10:15 am / 10:15 am - 12 noonCoordinator(s): Jamie Cordova
Location: Chandler High SchoolDates: Mon - Fri, June 11-29, 2018Class times: 7:30 am - 11:30 am / 12 pm - 4 pmCoordinator(s): Jennifer Chandler and Kyle Darr
Location: ACP OaklandDates: Mon. - Fri., June 4 - June 22, 2018Class times: 7:30 am - 2:00 pmCoordinator(s): Dominick Capersino
Location: To and from ACP Oakland. Catch the bus at the junior high closest to your home.Dates: Mon. - Fri., June 4 - June 22, 2018Class times: Please arrive early for both pick-up and drop off. AM pick up and PM drop off times listed in flyer.
Location: Interested in Online Courses? For any questions regarding online classes, please contact Chandler Online Academy directly at 480-812-7190 or visit their website linked above.Dates:Class times:Coordinator(s): Jarrett Pack, Chandler Online Program Director
Junior High - ACP Oakland; High School - Chandler High School
- If you are OUT OF DISTRICT AND WILL NOT RETURN TO CUSD FALL 2018, click the survey link above and complete the survey. If your survey details indicate you will attend any CUSD school fall 2018, the information will NOT be processed as the survey information is only needed for OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENTS (NOT returning to CUSD fall 2018).
- If you are OUT OF DISTRICT and WILL ATTEND CUSD FALL 2018: After your open enrollment has been approved, please contact the guidance counselor at your new CUSD school. Your guidance counselor will complete your fall 2018 enrollment AND select summer 2018 courses. If your survey details indicate you will attend any CUSD school fall 2018, the information will NOT be processed as the survey information is only needed for OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENTS (NOT returning to CUSD fall 2018).
- If you’re an out-of-district student wishing to register for any junior high or high school Summer Academy course, FIRST meet with your home school’s guidance counselor to determine what course(s) you should take and confirm whether our CUSD course(s) will transfer to your home school. AFTERWARDS, you’ll complete your information on the survey link above.
- After reviewing the information that you submit from the survey link above, our Summer Academy staff will pre-enroll you in the desired course for credit recovery or Next Step. Please allow 7-10 days for staff to review and process your information.
- Once this is completed, you’ll receive an automated email with course details and instructions to finalize your registration with payment through the student/parent portal using Infinite Campus. Submitting payment for the course is the only way to secure a slot in the class.
- Please review our Summer Academy flyers to review details pertaining to attendance/tardies, Code of Conduct, Final Exams, breakfast/lunch, etc. prior to submitting payment. All funds are non-refundable.NOTES:
STUDENTS ARE NOT OFFICIALLY ENROLLED IN ANY COURSE UNTIL PAYMENT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED. Please complete the enrollment process early to ensure a space is available in the desired course.
Chandler Academy of Performing Arts and Technology - Music and Technology Summer Camp 2018
Monday – Thursday, June 11-14 and June 18-21
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
This camp is offered to any student who has played a band or orchestra instrument for a minimum of one year. Students should be registered for grades 6-12 for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Chandler Academy for Performing Arts and Technology summer camp focuses on band and orchestra performing groups while integrating media and technology. Classes offered this summer are for band and orchestra students, offering courses to enhance and improve musical and personal growth on students’ primary instrument. Teachers, special guests and clinicians conduct master classes, sectionals, and courses all focused on improving student performance.
We are also very excited to present classes on responsible media production and music technology. Students learn about copyright, storyboarding, shooting video and stills, editing, and audio capture and production. In addition students learn about how technology can enhance their practicing and performance as well as knowledge of music theory and composition.
Special performing guests are invited to exhibit professional and exciting examples of performance and technology integration.
Cost: To be announced.
Location: This year, camp is held at one of CUSD’s newest campuses, Camille Casteel High School! CCHS, built in 2015, provides students access to new technology and beautiful rehearsal spaces. CCHS is located on the corner of Power Road and Riggs Road.
For any additional questions, please contact CAPA coordinators Paula Jones or Curt Landon, linked below.
Click below to
register using your
Community Education Account.