Chandler Unified School District’s First Things First Pre-Kindergarten Scholarships provide opportunities for families to enroll their preschool aged child in a high-quality preschool program taught by a certified teacher. Our learning environments nurture the emotional, social, and academic development of every child, and prepares them for kindergarten. For more information and scholarship availability please call our Early Childhood Office at (480) 224-3907.
PARTICIPATING FTF PRE- K SCHOLARSHIP SITES
- Conley Elementary (waitlisted): Full day 8:00am-2:30pm (extended care available 7:00-8:00am and 2:30-5:30pm)
- Hancock Elementary (waitlisted for full and half day): Full day 8:00am-2:30pm / Half day 8:00am-11:00am
- Hull Elementary: Half day 8:00am-11:00am
- Riggs Elementary (waitlisted for full day): Full day 8:00am-2:30pm (extended care available 7:00-8:00am and 2:30-5:30pm)/ Half day 8:00am-11:00am
- San Marcos Elementary(waitlisted): Full day 8:10am-2:40pm (extended care available 7:00am-8:10am and 2:40am-5:15pm)
- Shumway Leadership Academy: Half day 11:45am-2:45pm
- Child must be 4 years old by August 31, 2020
- Child must be a U.S. citizen or a legal resident of the U.S
- Child must reside within the CUSD boundaries
- Families must meet income guidelines as noted below or on page one of application:
Reduced tuition rates for families who meet the eligibility criteria
Monthly co-pay will be determined based upon full time or part time schedule:
- Full time - $50/Month - with Extended Care $170/Month
- Part time - $25/Month
HOW TO APPLY (first call the early childhood department to verify availability (480) 224-3907)
1. Complete the online Quality First Child Pre-K Scholarship application for the 2020-2021 school year and scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Scholarships are limited and are awarded on a first come first serve basis.
- Go to www.cusd80.ce.eleyo.com and create an account adding your child as well (this step can be completed prior to June 19th)
- After your account is created choose “Child Care/Preschool”
- Choose Season: “Scholarship 2020”
- Choose: “First Things First Scholarship- Multiple Locations”
- Confirm your child’s information or "add a new child" then click “Looks good start registering”
- Follow the on screen instructions and fill out each section entirely to move on to the next page. You will be asked to choose your top three desired locations. Please put them in order 1-3
- You will have to put in a Credit Card to Submit- YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED! (however this payment type will be used for the monthly co-pay if approved)
- Once you submit, you will receive an email letting you know that your approval has been submitted.
3. Starting Monday, June 22nd, I will go down the list of submitted contracts and begin calling and making in-person appointments. This is when the scholarships can be approved and issued. In order to be approved you will need to bring the completed application, along with the required documentation below to your appointment:
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- Proof of residence (utility bill)
- Proof of income (one month of consecutive pay stubs, last years tax reurn/AHCCCS Approval packet dated within 12 months). See page 2 of application for more information.
- Page 1 of most current annual income tax return with listed dependents
- Applications will be accepted by appointment only. Follow above "How To Apply" instructions or Call (480) 224-3907 with questions
- Have questions regarding information on the application?
Contact via email: Valley of the Sun United Way - Regional Scholarships or by telephone: 1-866-973-0012
- Have questions regarding CUSD’s participating preschool programs or registration process?
CUSD’s Early Childhood Department - (480) 224-3907
1525 W Frye Road
Chandler, AZ 85224
or email: email@example.com