Secondary (7-12) Open Enrollment InformationNOTE: Incoming AJHS 6th grade, ACP-Oakland 6th grade, and Basha AMS 6th grade students will also use this secondary form. Please do not use the elementary form for these particular 6th grade students.
SECONDARY OPEN ENROLLMENTOPEN ENROLLMENT FOR 2017/2018SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPENThe 2017-2018 school yearopen enrollment procedures and application are available for download below.
Important Open Enrollment Information:
- Students currently attending a site on open enrollment do NOT need to re-apply to remain at the same site for the next school year.
- Applications may be turned in to ANY secondary school site, or to the District office. Applications will not be accepted by fax or e-mail.
- If you do not currently attend a CUSD school, your application must have the most recent grade report or transcript, attendance, discipline reports and current IEP (if applicable) attached. If any of this information is missing, the application will not be processed.
- One application per student is accepted.
- It is expected that the student on open enrollment remain at the requested school for the entire school year. Revoking an open enrollment to return to boundary school requires district approval.
- Providing false information will result in the request being denied and/or admission being revoked.
- Transportation (bussing) is not provided to students on open enrollment.
- Click here to review Secondary Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
*If you reside in the Chandler Unified School District, we request that you register your child at their home attendance boundary school in lieu of keeping the student out of school while awaiting open enrollment decision. If you are unsure of your home school site, please view the boundary maps by clicking here. If your child’s Open Enrollment application is approved, their records will be transferred to the approved school.
Grades 9-12 Special NoteEligibility for athletics and certain extracurricular activities may be affected when students transfer from one school to another. A student considering transfer is advised to discuss his/her situation with the Athletic Director at the site of current enrollment.