ACP Middle School is currently full in all grade levels for the 2021-2022 school year.
Information for the 2022-2023 school year will be forthcoming.
2021-2022 Arizona College Prep Enrollment Process
Arizona College Preparatory (ACP) is a community-oriented campus with comprehensive course offerings for all students. ACP consists of two campuses and offers enrollment to students in grades 6-12, with ACP Middle School (currently ACP-Oakland) enrolling students in grades 6-8 and ACP High School (currently ACP-Erie) enrolling students in grades 9-12.
(NEW!) There are some exciting changes taking place next school year!
- ACP High School (currently ACP-Erie) will be moving into a brand new facility located at 22615 S Gilbert Rd., Chandler, 85249 (near the southeast corner of Gilbert & Ocotillo Roads)
- ACP Middle School (currently ACP-Oakland) will be moving to 1150 W. Erie St., Chandler, 85224 (current home of ACP-Erie).
We have adapted our enrollment process to ensure that we continue to provide equal opportunities to all families who wish to attend ACP. Please read this document in its entirety, to obtain a thorough understanding of the enrollment process. We look forward to working with you.
- November 9, 2020: ACP interest forms are available via each school’s website
- January 11, 2021: Open Enrollment Forms may be submitted beginning at 7:30am. Please check on the submission process for each school as it is different for ACP Junior High and ACP High School.
- ACP JUNIOR HIGH: OPEN ENROLLMENT WILL BE ONLINE SUBMISSIONS ONLY. No paper applications will be accepted.
- January 19, 2021: Open Enrollment Acceptance e-mails sent out
- January 30, 2021: Student Placement Test for students whose Open Enrollment Application is approved. This is the only test date scheduled. Please plan accordingly.
- Please note, students coming from a NON-CUSD school and are enrolling at ACP Junior High for grades 6-8 are required to complete the placement assessment.
- February 5, 2021: Placement e-mails sent out (**ACP Junior High ONLY**)
- February 12, 2021: Site enrollment and course registration packets mailed out through USPS (due back Feb. 24, 2021)
- (*NEW*) ACP Middle School – if you are a current 6th grade student in the Hartford TOPS or CTA Liberty DLI program, please contact Mrs. Bigelow (480-224-3925) directly for enrollment due dates.
Step 1: Submit an ACP INTEREST FORM
Interest Forms for the 2021-2022 school year are currently available on either the ACP Oakland or ACP Erie website beginning November 9, 2020. Please make sure the parent/guardian emails that are listed on the ACP Interest Form are the addresses that are checked regularly and are entered correctly. Almost all communication is sent through email. The ACP Interest Form should be submitted by January 11, 2021.
Step 2: Submit a CUSD Open Enrollment Application
***NEW***ACP Middle School/ACP Oakland:
Open Enrollment applications for ACP Middle School for the 2021-2022 school year will be submitted completely online! In efforts to minimize lines and ensure an equitable application process, open enrollment for ACP Oakland will only be accepted via our online application platform.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
The link for the open enrollment application will be posted on our website and will be “live” for all ACP Middle School applicants beginning at 7:30 am on January 11, 2021.
- The link will be located at the top of this webpage on January 11, 2021.
The applications will be time stamped upon submittal and a confirmation email will be sent upon successful receipt.
Students not currently attending CUSD: All applications must have grade, attendance and behavior reports either uploaded to the online application platform or you may drop them off to the school, or email them to the registrar, within 5 business days of submittal, or the application will be cancelled and considered incomplete. If student has an IEP, a complete copy of their current IEP must also be submitted.
- ACP Middle School will continue to be 100% open enrollment and will not have assigned boundaries.
Step 3: Acceptance E-Mail
All applicants will receive an email on January 19, 2021, stating whether your open enrollment application has been approved, declined, or if you are on a waitlist. Emails will be delivered after 5:00 PM.
- In the event we are unable to accept your student due to enrollment capacity, your student will be placed on a waitlist.
- Reasons a student would receive a decline letter include issues with grades, attendance, and/or discipline. Declined students are not put on a waitlist.
Step 4: Placement Test
The required Math & English placement test, for those students who attend a NON-CUSD school, and have been accepted in grades 6 – 8 at ACP Middle School will be administered:
Saturday, January 30th, 2021.
ACP Oakland Campus
191 W. Oakland St.
Chandler, AZ 85225
Time: 8:00am – 11:30am (7:35am check-in)
This is the only test date scheduled. Please plan accordingly.
Step 5: Placement Letters - ***ACP Middle School Only***
Placement Letters will be e-mailed out on Friday, February 5, 2021. (Emails will be sent after 5:00pm)
Following completion of the placement assessment, you will receive an email regarding your student’s math placement in our program.
Step 6: Registration Packets
- Registration packets will be mailed out through USPS on Friday, February 12, 2021.
- Packets will be mailed through the United States Postal Service.
- Please make sure the address listed on your ACP Interest Form is your current mailing address. Packets will be mailed to this address.
- Packets must be completed and returned by February 24, 2021 to confirm your intent to attend ACP for the 2021-2022 school year.
Important Notes (Please Read)
- If you submit an ACP Interest Form but do not submit an Open Enrollment form, your form is incomplete. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered for approval at ACP. Open Enrollment to ACP will be considered based on the date and time stamp within each priority level of the Open Enrollment application.
- Enrollment is based on the date & timestamp of your open enrollment form within your priority level. For a listing of CUSD priority levels please visit: CUSD80.com/secondaryopenenrollment and scroll to the bottom of the page. Choose the 2021-2022 open enrollment procedures link, (currently it reads: 2020-2021 open enrollment procedures), to find the criteria for priority levels.
- Please ensure the parent/guardian emails listed on the ACP Interest Form are correct.
- Sibling priority only occurs when siblings will be attending the same ACP campus, concurrently. Sibling priority at ACP Middle School is not granted to students who have or will have siblings at ACP High School.
- Providing false information on the Open Enrollment or submitting multiple Open Enrollment Applications will result in the open enrollment being denied or admission being revoked. (per CUSD Open Enrollment application)
- (IMPORTANT!) If your student currently attends a school that is NOT part of the Chandler Unified School District, you must also provide the following documents when submitting your Open Enrollment Form: (Items 1-3 are required)
- Current grade report (i.e. 7th grade applicants should provide their 6th grade report card that was provided at the end of the first semester in December)
- Attendance report(for the first semester of the current school year, i.e. 2020-2021)
- Discipline report, or if your student has no discipline on file, please submit a letter from school administration (on school letterhead) indicating no discipline infractions have occurred (for the entire time they have attended their school, i.e. K-6th grade). The letter must be signed by an employee of the school office and dated. Teacher comments and/or behavior sheets and/or attendance sheets from the parent portal will not be accepted. False information on discipline reports may result in your student’s open enrollment application being denied.
- Current IEP and/or 504 *if your student currently has an IEP and/or a 504, you must print out your most recent IEP and/or 504 and submit it with your open enrollment application.
Please direct any questions to the appropriate campus.
ACP Middle School (currently ACP-Oakland) – (480) 883-5400
ACP High School (currently ACP-Erie) – (480) 424-8700
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING ACP
ACP Oakland earned the 2017 National Blue Ribbon Award!
Arizona College Preparatory Middle School1150 W. Erie St.Chandler, AZ 85224(480) 883-5400 fax (480) 224-9320
Click to: Report a Problem | Email the Webmaster