The purpose of NJHS is to create enthusiasm for scholarships, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, and to develop character at Willis Junior High School.
Willis NJHS students are highly involved students on campus. They organize and complete one major service project each quarter either on campus or in our community.
Membership requirements are:
- Maintain a 3.75 GPA
- Complete 30 hours of service throughout the school year
- Attend after-school club meetings
- Participate in all NJHS sponsored activities
Throughout the year students will plan and participate in several service projects. Service projects have included:
- After-school peer tutoring
- Red Ribbon Week
- Food Drive
- Soap Drive
- Sponsoring the Winter or Valentine's Dance
- Cleaning Willis Campus
- Making Mother's Day cards for a local nursing home