About Jennifer Duffy (she/her)...
Position: School Psychologist
Phone: (480) 883-5780
As the School Psychologist, I am responsible for conducting psychoeducational evaluations and leading educational teams to determine the need for specialized instruction or other related services. I assist teachers with implementing interventions for behavioral or academic concerns, as well as work with students to help develop coping strategies and other skills to increase their social-emotional well-being.
My Education and Professional Background
- 2003 Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, University of Arizona
- 2006 Master of Education in Special Education, Grand Canyon University
- 2018 Educational Specialist in School Psychology, University of Arizona
- 2003-2004 Emotional Disabilities Teacher (5th & 6th grades), Roadrunner School, Paradise Valley School District
- 2004-2007 Emotional Disabilities Teacher (7th & 8th grades), Gilbert Junior High School, Gilbert Public Schools
- 2007-2011 Inclusion Specialist and Co-Teacher (7th & 8th grades), Bogle Junior High School, Chandler School District
- 2011-2016 Student Services Coordinator, Galveston Elementary, Chandler School District
- 2017-2018 School Psychologist Intern, Willis Junior High School, Chander School District
- 2018-Present Nationally Certified School Psychologist, Willis Junior High School, Chandler School District
My Educational Philosophy
It is important that every student has equitable access to high quality instruction that meets their needs. I work in collaboration with teachers, service providers, parents, and the student to develop an educational plan that is rigorous, yet attainable, to promote academic, functional, and social success.