Secondary (7-12) Open Enrollment InformationNOTE: Incoming AJHS 6th grade, ACP-Oakland 6th grade, and Basha AMS 6th grade students will also use this secondary form. Please do not use the elementary form for these particular 6th grade students.
SECONDARY (7-12) OPEN ENROLLMENT
Please read all information prior to submitting your application.Open Enrollment for the 2018-2019 (next) school yearis now available. Application and procedures are available for download below. Please use the 18-19 application ifyou are applying for NEXT school year.Current school year 2017-2018 application is also available below. Please use the 17-18 application if you are applying forthis CURRENT school year.
Important Open Enrollment Information:
- Students currently attending a site on open enrollment do NOT need to re-apply to remain at the same site for the next school year.
- Applications may be turned in to ANY secondary school site, or to the District office. Applications will not be accepted by fax or e-mail. INCOMING 7th GRADE PARENT NOTE: It is not recommended to drop your secondary application at your current elementary site as time stamps cannot be obtained.
- If you do not currently attend a CUSD school, your application must have the most recent grade report or transcript, attendance, discipline reports and current IEP (if applicable) attached. If any of this information is missing, the application will not be processed.
- One application per student is accepted. Please do not submit applications to more than one site.
- It is expected that the student on open enrollment remain at the requested school for the entire school year. Revoking an open enrollment to return to boundary school requires prior district approval.
- Providing false information will result in the request being denied and/or admission being revoked.
- Transportation (bussing) is not provided to students on open enrollment.
- It is recomended that the student remain at their current school while awaiting open enrollment decision. Please do not withdraw your student from school until open enrollment has been approved.
- Click here to review Secondary Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
*If you reside in the Chandler Unified School District, we request that you register your child at their home attendance boundary school in lieu of keeping the student out of school while awaiting open enrollment decision. If you are unsure of your home school site, please view the boundary maps by clicking here. If your child’s Open Enrollment application is approved, their records will be transferred to the approved school.
Grades 9-12 Special NoteEligibility for athletics and certain extracurricular activities may be affected when students transfer from one school to another. A student considering transfer is advised to discuss his/her situation with the Athletic Director at the site of current enrollment.