CUSD: Social Media Rules of Engagement
The Chandler Unified School District social media pages are provided for the district community by the Chandler Unified School District Marketing and Communications department. We will update these pages as often as
possible to share as much as we can about Chandler Unified School District and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant district community information. All posting of comments on this page are at the discretion of the page administrators.
The intent of this policy is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of Chandler Unified School District staff and students. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not run afoul of the rules nor of the district's Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. We will remove any postings, however, that:
- Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else’s work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
- Contain abusive or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that are racist, obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity, sexist as well as those that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
- Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others – i.e. don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Nobody likes a bully.
- Consist of lobbying activity – i.e., the sharing of political views with the aim of influencing another person’s vote.
- Contain blatantly false or inaccurate information.
- Does not pertain to the specific posting made by Chandler Unified School District or school pages.
- Are spam, including:
- overposting (repeatedly posting the same comment or comments)
- posting comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product
- messages sent from fake accounts
- if you wouldn’t want to receive it yourself, don’t post it.
Please note that the comments expressed on our social media sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the Chandler Unified School District or its employees. Chandler Unified School District reserves the right to change these Rules of Engagement at any time without prior notification. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to email@example.com.
Please note, you can also receive e-mail and phone text messages of our updates as they are posted through the settings of your personal social media accounts. Thank you for your support.