Elementary (K-6)Open Enrollment Information2017-2018 | July 24, 2017 - May 30, 2018
Open Enrollment for the 2017-2018 year is available now!Apply below.
Open Enrollment enables Arizona students to attend public schools outside their attendance area. In accordance with state law, the District has established an open enrollment policy and implemented an open enrollment program without charging tuition for non-resident students and resident transfer students. Open Enrollment Application may be submitted online or a printed application may submitted to the District Office.
Open Enrollment applications are received on a first come, first come basis and prioritized. Click here to see the Priority Group listings.
Application Reviewing Periods Quarters Quarter Starts July 10th-August 4th 1st July 24, 2017 September 25th-October 6th 2nd October 18, 2017 December 11th-December 22nd 3rd January 9, 2018February 26th-March 9th(Emergency Placements Only) 4th March 27, 2018
The Governing Board accepted revised language for returning students on an Open Enrollment. Once accepted, continuing open enrollment is subject to review each year without reapplication if continuing at enrolled site.
When is an Open Enrollment Application needed?1. When a Chandler Unified School District student that is NOT on an Open Enrollment/Boundary Exemption and wishing to attend a DIFFERENT school within the Chandler Unified School District boundaries.
2. When a student lives in a school district other than Chandler Unified and wishes to attend a school in the Chandler Unified School District boundaries.
3. When a student is attending a Chandler Unified school and they move out of the boundaries of the current school during the school year and want to continue at the same school.
4. When you recently purchased a house or signed a new lease for a home in one of the Chandler Unified School District boundaries and you want your child to attend the school in that boundary.*See number 5 in the green section below for additional information. (If you will be in your home between July 10th-July 24th, the Open Enrollment application is not needed. You can go to the school to complete the enrollment for your child.)
Things to know about the Open Enrollment Application.1. An Open Enrollment application is needed for EACH child.(Example, Mary lives in the Hancock Elementary school boundary and she wants to apply for Open Enrollment for her 3 children at Basha Elementary. Mary will submit 3 separate applications for her 3 children.)
2. Submitting multiple Open Enrollment applications for one child will result in the applications being denied or admission being revoked.(Example, James submitted and application for his son for Weinberg Elementary, Riggs Elementary and Carlson. Then James submitted another application for his son for CTA-Freedom, Patterson and Auxier.)
3. Providing false information on the Open Enrollment application will result in the application being denied or admission being revoked.(Example, Jan lives in California, submitted an application for her son. She requested CTA-Independence and listed her address as living in the Hancock Elementary boundaries. Since Jan does not live Chandler, she must use her California address. Once she moves to Chandler, she can send an e-mail to email@example.com to update her address.)
4. An e-mail confirmation will be sent once the Open Enrollment Application for your child and the Open Enrollment Survey are completed. If you do not receive your e-mail confirmation after 20 minutes, check your junk mail or spam folder for the e-mail confirmation. If you still haven't received the e-mail confirmation, your e-mail address may have been entered incorrectly. Send an e-mail to Stephanie Tobin, firstname.lastname@example.org to verify your application was received.
5. *Please submit your Purchasing Agreement or Leasing Contract to Stephanie Tobin, email@example.com for verification. Once it's verified, your application will be prioritized and the school will contact you to complete the registration at the school.
What happens after the Open Enrollment Application is submitted?1. The application will be assigned a Priority Group Number from Elementary Education.
2. For incoming 1st-6th grade applications (currently NOT attending a Chandler Unified school): Submit your child's attendance report, grade report and/or discipline report, via e-mail to Stephanie Tobin, firstname.lastname@example.org or you may hand carry them to the District Office. Documents must be submitted within 5 days of the submitting the application or the application will be denied.If your child is currently attending a Chandler Unified school, please do not submit records. We have the ability of looking up your child's records.
3. Schools will verify their class ratios and this will determine how many Open Enrollments can be approved for each grade level.3a. If more than one school choice is listed on the application, the first school of choice will review the application, if they are not able to approve the application, the second school choice will review the application, if the second school choice is not able to approve the application, the third school choice will review the application.
4. Schools will access their online Priority Group Reports to review their applications, by Priority Group and by time and date stamp.
5. If the application is approved, the school will contact the parent/legal guardian by phone and/or e-mail. Notification will be made as promptly as possible upon receipt of application.
6. The parent/legal guardian must confirm the acceptance of the approved Open Enrollment with the school within five (5) working days from the contact date or the seat will be offered to the next applicant.
7. The Elementary Education office will send notification letters via US Mail to the address that was listed in the Open Enrollment Application.8. Registration will take place at the school AFTER you receive notification from the school. See the Student Registration and Enrollment Information section for more information on registration.
9. Once accepted, continuing Open Enrollment is subject to review each year without reapplication if continuing at the enrolled site.
10. It is expected that the student on an Open Enrollment remain at the requested school for the entire year. Revoking an Open Enrollment requires district approval.
*Open Enrollment request for 6th grade at Andersen Junior High, ACP-Oakland, and Basha AMS, will need to complete the Secondary Open Enrollment Application.
*If you reside in the Chandler Unified School District, we request that you register your child at their attendance boundary school. If you are unsure of your home school site, please view the boundary map. If your child's Open Enrollment Application is approved, their records will be transferred to the approved school.
Multiple applications (online and/or paper) will result in a revocation of your Open Enrollment request.
(One application per child.)
What are the benefits of submitting an Open Enrollment Application online?
It's quick and easy!
- Complete at home or in the office.
- Utilize a smart phone, computer or tablet.
- Submit through a secured website.
- Receive an e-mail confirmation of your application and survey approximately 20 minutes after submission.
The 2017-2018 Elementary online Open Enrollment Application will consist of two pages:1. the application2. the surveyComplete both pages to receive your e-mail confirmation.
The Open Enrollment Application is NOT for school registration/enrollment. You will complete your child's registration at your attendance boundary school. The Elementary School Offices are currently closed. Open Enrollment Applications will be reviewed starting Monday, July 10th when the school office staff returns.
Click below to:
Apply for Open Enrollment
for the 2017-2018 school year.
View the Open Enrollment Governing Board Policy for more information.
- Complete at home or in the office.